How to allow wp-ispconfig3 plugin register customers through wordpress frontend using shortcodes

Discussion in 'General' started by Franck Tobihas, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Franck Tobihas

Franck Tobihas New Member

Hi, I'm new to using the wp-ispconfig3 plugin.
    How to allow wp-ispconfig3 plugin register customers through wordpress frontend using shortcodes ?

Thanks.

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. Franck Tobihas

yes i have already consulted the documentation of wp-ispconfig3 and the installation page. but after installing the plugin in my site, the following elements are missing:
    -Gutenberg create website block
    -Gutenberg create database block
    -Gutenberg update client (admin area)
    -Gutenberg update client (frontend)

so how to enable those missing in my wordpress website using wp-ispconfig3 ?

Thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This plugin is not from the ISPConfig project and none of the ISPConfig core developers are using it as far as I know, so it might be best if you ask the author of that plugin how to use and fix it.

Th0m likes this.
  5. brainsys

brainsys Member

I am curious to what are the benefits of using this plugin.

On first sight it appears to enable a Wordpress site to do what could be done directly from the ISPConfig interface - but with less control. Plus the issues of trusting an external plugin with very sensitive credentials. It's not the author I so much worry about - it is any exploitable bugs present or future in that code if maintenance were to slip against the current evolution of php from 7 to 8 over the next year.

Whereas using the ISPConfig API directly does mean that even if you implement it imperfectly - no-one else can examine your bad code to work out an exploit.

I'm big on security by obscurity.

6. brainsys

brainsys Member

Hi,

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is launched in 3 months and the default php is 8.1 according to this link: https://linuxconfig.org/ubuntu-22-04-features-and-release-date.

How likely is ISPConfig to work out of the box on Ubuntu in the next six months?

I have a feeling that php is going to be a real headache when extended support ends for 7.4 in December. Will it then be safe to run ISPConfig using default 7.3/4 on Debian 10/11 or Ubuntu 20.04?

A few tests with 8.1 show not all CMSs are yet compliant - and although I can get Wordpress to work - that doesn't extend to many themes and plugins.

I predict it's going to be messy year ahead.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  7. till

When Ubuntu 22.04 is out, then we will adapt ISPConfig for it and this also includes support for PHP 8.1 as we always support (and even require) the default PHP version of the supported OS versions.

8. Franck Tobihas

Hi brainsys,
    my goal is to allow that after the purchase of a client in the hosting website so I'm working on it using wordpress, the client's website, the client's database, the FTP account and his email are created automatically.
    I opted for the wp-ispconfig3 plugin thinking it could do it but no.
    Now after my other research I found the php script of David Mercereau so the link is the following: https://framagit.org/kepon/vrac/blob/master/ziciUtilisateurCreation.php

Please do you think that this php script of David Mercereau will be able to create automatically the site, the database, the FTP and mail accounts automatically after the purchase of a client in my hosting site? or is there another solution that will do it?

Thank you for your help.

9. till

That script seems to create a website, database, FTP and shell account, and email as far as I can see using the ISPConfig remote API.