SOLVED Relay all the outgoing mails to another server in local network

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by buttman, Feb 28, 2022.

1. buttman

buttman New Member

Hi,
    here's the scenario:
    one server (10.0.0.10) is our mail server running on Debian 11.2 with ISPConfig 3.2.7
    second server server (10.0.0.11) ii our webserver running on Debian 10.11 with ISPConfig 3.1.15.
    These are independent servers, not using ISPConfig multiserver setup. It's our router that redirects mail ports to mail server and WWW ports to webserver.
    The webserver is configured to forward all outgoing mails (meaning filled forms and newsletters from our website) to our mailserver. In webserver /etc/postfix/transport file is just one line: '* smtp: 10.0.0.10' compiled to /etc/postfix/transport.db, however in main.cf I don't see any of these files pointed:
    'transport_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf'
    I'm planning to install webserver from scratch using Debian 11 with ISPConfig auto installer and wondering what should I do after the installation to maintain relaying mails to our mailserver. Will recreating and compiling transport.db be enough?

Cheers,
    Olek

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login to ISPConfig, go to System > Server config > mail, and enter the name of your relay server in the relay server field, then press save. Do not manually alter or edit any postfix files.

buttman likes this.
  3. buttman

buttman New Member

I've just tested it and it looks good! Thank you very much!