Monit working in separate browser tab - but not through ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by snowweb, Mar 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. snowweb

snowweb Member

We have installed Monit on our new ISPConfig VPS following this guide and it is working via https://mydomain:2812 but when we try to access it through ISPConfig > Monitor > Monit, all we see is this:
    upload_2022-3-17_20-8-33.png
    Scrolling down it shows:
    upload_2022-3-17_20-2-23.png
    We have already configured ISPConfig here too:
    upload_2022-3-17_21-4-5.png
    We didn't open the port 2812 in the firewall, because we don't need to access it from other machines and ISPConfig will be accessing it from the local server - or do we still need to do that?
    Any ideas, much appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. snowweb

snowweb Member

Thanks ahrasis!
    So we added the sections you mentioned in the other thread into the monitrc file and commented out the lines they replace, but it didn't work. Then we went back to check the earlier posts in the thread and found that there is no one really claiming success, even using some very complex workarounds.
    I think we'll give this a miss for a while and wait for a verified solution from the team!
    Are we likely to run into the same issue with Munin, since that is our next task?
    Thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There will be no solution as this way to embedding another "website" got blocked by web browser vendors for quite some time now and it is unlikely that they allow it again. So the only thing that will happen is to remove the option from ISPConfig. Just access Munin and Monit directly through their URLs.

5. ahrasis

Well mine is definitely working perfectly that was why I shared it before and again with you. But I do not use munin, just monit. I do open the port but I changed it to another number. Anyway, make sure you restart it after making such changes. Most people forget to do this. monit.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess what matters is if the software that you access runs on the same domain name and probably also the same port. So if you get it configured that its reachable like that, maybe even by using a proxy directive, then this can still work.

7. snowweb

snowweb Member

Thanks guys. Appreciate your inputs. We'll just access them in standalone windows. Well done ahrasis for getting yours working!

8. ahrasis

I just noted that I currently have this PEMFILE /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.pem instead of PEMFILE /etc/ssl/private/pure-ftpd.pem as previously advised. I can't remember exactly why I changed it to PEMFILE /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.pem but that may be the why it works? I have to check my notes / logs if any for the explanation.

snowweb likes this.