Apply quotas to users instead of sites / multidomain

Discussion in 'General' started by BenDeb, Sep 20, 2006.

1. BenDeb

BenDeb New Member

Hi,

I would like to apply quota (defined in hosting plan) to the client instead of the sites. I need that because some of my offers allow to set up several domains in one account (=client), and the quotas of that offers are defined for all the sites.
    Another possibility is to allow multidomain for sites in ISPconfig, but I think it only allow domain alias for the same site.

Can someone help me, may be, I didn't see a function in control panel.

Thank you, and sorry for my poor english ! :eek:

Ben

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not set a quota on the client because linux does not support hierarchical quotas. If you create a reseller instead of a client, you can set the quota for this reseller.

3. BenDeb

BenDeb New Member

Sorry for the late answer !

OK, I can apply multidomain to clients using the reseller account instead of client account. But now, my simple client can create new clients and hosting plans... do all what reseller can do, but I don't want to allow it.
    Moreover, they must create a client for each site, this is not very easy to set up a site.

How can I delete or hide these fonctionnalities from reseller account, and allow to set up a site without creating a new user for each ?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

That's not possible without rewriting large parts of the source code...

5. BenDeb

BenDeb New Member

Humm

So nobody uses multidomains for clients account ? Hwo can I do ? My simple clients are "ressellors" whith a lot of fonctionnalité that I don't wan't. How can I hide this fonctionnalities, and make the "client open a site" procedure simplier ??$

Regards

Ben

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can allow multiple domains per site with one quota (co-domains), but you can not have multiple independant websites sharing one quota.