Can no longer install on Devuan?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by stargazer, Apr 5, 2022.

1. stargazer

stargazer Member HowtoForge Supporter

I know Devuan is not officially supported, but I'm used to simply making the few corrections necessary to do the work on SysV vs systemD on the installation instructions. However, I just tried to do a new installation on Devuan Chimera (aka Debian Bullseye) and the instructions now read to download the auto installer and let it do the installation for you. Unfortunately, the script dies with a "Can not do this because Devuan is not supported."
    Does this mean I will have no ability in the future to do an installation on Devuan? Is the only way to do the installation now to run a systemD OS and run the installer?
    Rod

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use the Debian 10 perfect server guide instead of the auto-installer., just take care to replace the version number in PHP packages with 7.4

3. stargazer

stargazer Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks. I'm going to downgrade my installation to Beowulf (aka Buster, Debian 10) so I can get this thing on line. After I have that done, I'll try to use the Debian 10 installation guide for a Chimaera install and see what happens.
    Rod

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no need to downgrade, just change the PHP versions in the install command for the PHP packages. There is also a debin1 11 install thread somewhere here in the forum which describes some other minor differences. But you will notice them when you run the command and the command returns an error because a package does not exist anymore.