ISP Config Translation

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by Celso Coslop Barbante, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Hello.
    I can write only basic software, so cannot contribute with code development, but I can contribute with translation. I can see a lot of missing strings and some pending ones in my language.
    I found a repository in the git hub (natanfelles/ispconfig-translation-br) that I can create a branch and work on.
    There is a file with a lot of work to do (ispconfig-translation-br/br.lng in natanfelles:master) so I just want to confirm this is the correct place to work, so I can provide something in return to community too.
    Please let me know if this is the correct way to proceed, because is much easiter to work with git than manually download the language files, and I can do a better job this way.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Dear Jesse, staff members I finished an overhaul in the Portuguese Brazilian language. It took some time because so many strings. In the process I found minor fixes in the English Language. I don't like to mess with the original language, but so minor and only in a reduced file set that I did it. Now I need to send the files to you so you can check the files, using git. The Portuguese translation was quite good but I unified the terminology so many strings have changed. I did my best to check it against UI and found no problems so far. I am sure Brazil community will enjoy.

till likes this.
  4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you sent the translation to Brazil community for proofreading?

5. No I have not sent, but I will be happy to do so. I was not aware of a Brazil Community.
    I believe will be nice for someone to double check my work, since I touched a lot of BR strings.
    I also found I have no permission to request the git push, so changes are commited locally only so far.
    How can I send the translation for review?

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you proofread the translation yourself, then it should be fine to submit the files to our git server git.ispconfig.org