Postfix/Amavis filter problem - holds valid e-mails from remote domains

Discussion in 'General' started by DeviC3, May 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DeviC3

DeviC3 New Member

Hi, on one of my server with ISPConfig and Postfix I have logs like this:
    Code:
    May  4 13:40:15 serv postfix/smtpd[23678]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from mail-ot1-f46.google.com[209.85.210.46]: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ot1-f46.google.com>
    May  4 13:40:15 serv postfix/smtpd[23678]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from mail-ot1-f46.google.com[209.85.210.46]: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ot1-f46.google.com>

I read lot of this forum and nothing helps me to solve this.
    What is meaning of this line?
    Code:
    Sender address triggers FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026

I stopped amavis service and logs are still same.
    This is only place where is amavis filter configured.
    /etc/postfix/tag_as_foreign.re
    Code:
    /^/ FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It means the content filter is set to use amavis on port 10026 via smtpd_sender_restrictions; everything is working correctly there.

3. DeviC3

DeviC3 New Member

I know, but is there way to force Postfix to recieve valid e-mails?
    I'm sending just test and there isnt't desired behaviour.
    I also deleted smtpd_sender_restrictions from main.cf and still nothing. Where can I configure it to recieve all valid mails ?

Some other logs with same mail:
    Code:
    May  4 21:19:19 serv postfix/smtpd[27195]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-yb1-f174.google.com[209.85.219.174]: 451 4.3.5 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Server configuration problem; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-yb1-f174.google.com>

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  4. Jesse Norell

What do you mean by "valid"?
    What is the behavior you see when you send your test message?
    I'm not sure the implications of doing this without research/testing, it might simply bypass amavis and a few spam controls.
    As above, what do you mean by "valid"? Are you seeing mail incorrectly tagged as spam or something?
    What all have you changed from the default configuration other than deleting smtpd_sender_restrictions? You might re-run the ispconfig installer and have it reconfigure services, it might fix things to working again.

5. Jesse Norell

6. DeviC3

DeviC3 New Member

valid e-mail is without spam and viruses, so message "test" is valid e-mail.
    I will propably migrate from amavis to rspamd because it cause too much unsolvable problems.

7. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

how do you know your email is 'valid' ie without spam or viruses unless your mailserver checks it?
    ok, you're sending a test message yourself, from an external address, so *you* know it. but there's no way for postfix to know it.

8. DeviC3

DeviC3 New Member

I know, but is there way to fix this? Even stopping amavis process it is scanning message by some way.