Suse 9.3 - Setting up the basics (File and Print Services)

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by creativehook, Sep 3, 2005.

1. creativehook

creativehook New Member

I consider myself a newbie to Linux, and Suse for that matter. I am interested in turning some really old servers that were donated to my chruch(HP Netserver LC3 and something else HP) into File and Print servers. I have downloaded Suse 9.3 Professional on recommendation and am about to install it on my home machine so I can learn as much as I can. I have used Suse 9.1 Professional in the past, but never got much further then using it to surf the web with Firefox. I installed Suse 9.1 via FTP on this same HP Netserver LC3 about a year ago with no problems. I used a HOWTO document similar to what I see offered here.

Does anyone know of where I can find some good HOWTO's on how to setup the basics for Suse 9.3? Should I just stick with the documentation provided by Novell in their user guide? I am not afraid to read and learn from my mistakes but I also need to teach other (not so technical) members of my church to support it when I am not around.

Any suggestions? Any help/feedback is apprecaited!

Thanks in advance!

Jason

2. creativehook

creativehook New Member

No suggestions?

I had anticipated that this would be a no brainer. Does everyone already know how to deply 9.3 with the configuration below?