Autoresponder doesnt't work

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Shyciii, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Shyciii

Shyciii Member

I have two server (Debian 11.3) with Ispconfig 3.2.8p1, and Autoresponder does not work both. We use IMAP, so the email config on server: check Enable receiving and Disable POP3. I try set starrt on end by date too, butdoesnt work. When is see mail.log, all I see is that the email arrives, processes it, and puts it in the mail account. so the email arrives in the account but the sender does not receive out of office notification. We use default email path (/var/vmail), clamav, so nothing special.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What does that mean?
    Autoresponder sends to same sender only once per day, so if you test it from same sender address you do not get the vacation notices.

3. Shyciii

Shyciii Member

It does not work on any of my servers. When I send an email, the recipient will receive the email, but I will not receive a notification email that it is not available.

4. Shyciii

Shyciii Member

I found something interesting in log:
    Jun 10 10:24:52 isp dovecot: lmtp([email protected])<2189696><kJjgN9T/omKAaSEAIBnivA>: sieve: msgid=<[email protected]>: vacation action: discarding vacation response for implicitly delivered message; no known (envelope) recipient address found in message headers (recipient=<[email protected]>, and additional `:addresses' are specified)

I checked the structure of the company's email address and it turned out that 2 companies use the same domain (telemedia.hu). Both companies have their own email server, and one of them is the main server, which if it receives an email whose user is not there, forwards it to mx2.telemedia.hu. But there they correspond with the telemedia.hu domain in the same way and with each other. That’s why this problem can be, I just don’t know how to solve it.

Th0m likes this.
  5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

6. Shyciii

Shyciii Member

There is new info: I noticed that if I turn on autoresponder, the /var/vmail/mx2.telemedia.hu/user/.ispconfig.sieve file will change. This creates: addresses ["[email protected]"]. If I change from [email protected] to [email protected], the autoresponder will work. Now I have temporarily done a script that runs every hour and scans this if there is such a post, but that is not a very nice solution.
    Question is it possible to tell postfix / dovecat in the ispconfig installation version to use the original recipient address. I try this method, but didn't work: https://www.dlford.io/sieve-configure-vacation-responses/

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

From the perspective of your mx2.telemedia.hu server, [email protected] is the "original" recipient address. Probably the easiest thing to do is just create a custom sieve filter to perform the vacation response, and list [email protected] instead of [email protected]. If you need to do that globally, you could use the variable, envelope and subaddress extensions to handle it generically (see https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/sieve/examples/#plus-addressed-mail-filtering)

8. Shyciii

Shyciii Member

Thanks. This seems pretty complicated to me this way, so I'll stick with editing the file directly