Security.txt for whole Ispconfg

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bvo007, Oct 12, 2022.

1. bvo007

bvo007 New Member

Hi,
    I try to find out how to place a security,txt file for all the websites on one Ispconfig (web)server. In this case using Nginx. Placing the file in /var/www/<hostname>/web/ works, but is not recommended by internet(dot)nl and securitytxt(dot)org
    How can I easily install this?
    Thanks for your reply in advance.
    bvo007

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. bvo007

bvo007 New Member

Maybe to make it clear a little bit more what i want to solve/reach. I have several clients witch host there domains on a ISPconfig 3 server. Now I don't want to bother the clients with placing a security.txt on their domain (most off them don't even know how to and they don't have to). I want to make one security.txt and let this placed on all the clients their domain with the use off Nginx and some settings in the options-tab off that domain. Hopefully this is more clear.

4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

There you go: https://github.com/Ayitaka/nginx-security.txt

ahrasis and till like this.
  5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

And since this is not ISPConfig default, I think you might need to use conf-custom to customize your nginx vhost because to add in "include" in the server section for each vhost is simply not achievable via option tab directives.

Do resync all websites to include the same on all of the vhosts on your server thereafter.