Vmware ISPConfig UBUNTU server

Discussion in 'General' started by tanismezz, Oct 5, 2006.

1. tanismezz

tanismezz New Member

Hi all
    I have download The_Perfect_Setup_-_Ubuntu_6.06_LTS_Server__Dapper_Drake_ (image for VMWARE)

But my network not work i no have ethernet

i type ifconfig

no have eth0 or eth1, i have only lo device 127.0.0.1 in virtual conputer.

My real ethernet in real computer is eth1 (dhcp) and i have setting vmware en bridge mode (not work) and NAT (not work)

please help

ps. sorry for my english bad

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

is eth1 a wifi card? If so brigded mode won't work.
    Furthermore if you use brigded mode you need to make sure that you can get another IP address (by dhcp). If you are not behind a router and your ISP assigns you only 1 IP then bridged mode won't work.

3. tanismezz

tanismezz New Member

eth1 is a real ethernet no have wi fi

and i m behind a router

if i type ifconfig in virtual computer no have any ethernet installed only lo 127.0.0.1

4. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Where are you from?

If you can only see the 127.0.0.1 ip address its because your linux doesnt recognize the AMD ethernet virtual card.

Did you read the VMWare network help? its ot easy to config if you are a newbie.

With NAT you must allow windows to route between you internet conection and the vmnet card (NAT i believe its usually the VNet1). If you have static ips you would use the direct access vmwre option, but you must set a static external ip address for your linux.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Which subnet do you use for your LAN? Is it 192.168.0.0?

What's the output of
    Code:
    ifconfig
    on the virtual machine?

6. tanismezz

tanismezz New Member

if i type ifconfig on my virtual machine

NO have eternet

only lo 127.0.0.1

i have downoad other image of virtual machine http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/342 with
    and all ok i have in this virtual machine network
    if type i have etho 192.168.0.100

please help to start network in virtual machine The_Perfect_Setup_-_Ubuntu_6.06_LTS_Server__Dapper_Drake

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please download the dapper drake image, when you start it the first time in VMWare, you must select to keep your mac address, otherwise you will loose your eth0 network card.

8. tanismezz

tanismezz New Member

??
    sorry i no undestand your suggestion.

my english is bad.

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you first start a vmware image in the vmware server or player you will be asked if you want to keep the mac address, you must choose "yes", otherwise your network adapter wont work anymore.