rspamd configuration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Curtis Maurand, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Hello,
    I've been using ispconfig for years. I just tried installing and switching to rspamd following the tutorial located at: https://www.howtoforge.com/replacing-amavisd-with-rspamd-in-ispconfig/#enable-rspamd-in-ispconfig . It all installs seems to run fine. I tried this once before and I remember an rspamd button showing up in the web interface, but this time I'm not getting one. I can access the dashboard, but can't seem to configuration changes. Those are "greyed" out. It is way too aggressive and is discarding mail it shouldn't be. I need to turn it down. I got the reconfiguring rspamd when the update.php ran. The dashboard is not producing graphs, either. It's like I missed something in the tutorial. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Curtis

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to lower the score in the spamfilter policy in ISPConfig in the mail module, do not use Rspamd GUI to configure Rspamd, it's just there to allow you to view statistics and learn spam/ham. Rspamd is way better than amavis which means that you had to use very low scores for amavis to work at all and now with a better spam scanner, you have to raise them again.

Check the log files to see if you get any errors there.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. OK, that worked. Thank you. I just want to train it a little before I let it start rejecting anything. So I turned up the discard setting to 200 which should prevent that. My fingers are crossed, but it currently seems to be working OK. Also, i have an older vps host that does not have the ssse3 math instruction set and rspam complains about that. Just an FYI. I'm hunting for a deal on a newer host.

4. The graphs are coming up blank. Is there a set of libraries that are needed that aren't installed on debian by default?

5. I have a tag level set at 9. Just saw a message get a "soft reject" with 11.50, but the reject level is set at 200. This is my complaint. RSPAMD is rejecting things it shouldn't be rejecting. I've got to be missing something somewhere.

6. OK, I get it. "Soft Reject" is the greylist. duh.

7. I noticed last night that graphs are now happening. My guess is that there wasn't enough data early on to graph. All is well.

ahrasis likes this.
  8. Hello,
    So far, I'm liking rspamd now that we've solved the scoring issue. I've actually tweaked some of the other settings so that folks can adjust their trigger levels. My next stupid question: Does rspamd respect the whitelist/blacklist (blocklist?) settings under spamfilter?
    Thanks,
    Curtis

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes

10. Cool, Thank you.