Migrate Multisetup to single Server

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by somnium, Nov 24, 2022.

1. somnium

somnium New Member

Hello,

I have a multiserver setup with 2*Mail, 1*Web, 1*Panel, 1*Webmail and 2*NS, all as VMs at Hetzner. Prices are increasing and customers are decreasing, so I would like to turn the 7 servers into two servers: one for everything and one additional NS, or just keep the current second NS running.

Theoretically it should work like this: I copy the websites, mailboxes, databases and domains to a freshly installed server with the Migration Toolkit. Does this new server also have to be set up as a multiserver if I only want to run secodary NS on a separate system? Or is it easier to set up the second NS manually and fill it via zone transfer?

Have I overlooked something?

Best,
    Marc

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

probably easiest to install the 2nd ns server as another ispconfig server, can configure secondary dns zones via the ispconfig interface then.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, you can do it like this with the Migration Tool.

I would install the second server as a slave server of the first new server.

4. somnium

somnium New Member

Okay, you mean i should delete/flush my second NS and recreate it during multi server setup?

5. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

yep, you can't just remove a member ispconfig server from the existing master and then attach it to a new master.