wrong websize?

Discussion in 'General' started by willoriker, Nov 30, 2022.

1. willoriker

willoriker Member

good morning, my system 22.04+3.2.9
    i have a peculiartrouble, my ispconfig home page show me list of website with Website Harddisk Quota
    all are fine ,except one, show a wrong size, very worng 940M instead of 5.5G,
    i check in terminal with du -sh and ls -lF, . when i discovered, i though is matter of time refresh this value, but this moment was 2 days ago
    any idea??
    tx a lot

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not check the quota size with du command or ls command as they report files by directory while quota counts file sizes by the user who owns them. To get the quota size (used size on harddisk for a website), use the command:

repquota -avu

3. willoriker

willoriker Member

yes, repquota -avu works good , and show same result than home page ispconfig, and its wrong (0.94G), because i move from other server using ftp, and my computer, ftp and du -sh from web13 folder show the same data (around 4.4G)

Attached Files:

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you verified all files are owned by the website user?

5. willoriker

willoriker Member

yes, al files inside webXX/web ,al parts os WP , big percent of files are pictures. ( its a woocommerce site). the site work perfect, but ispconfig briefs wrong size, i take a snapshop from the old server (i move to this new server) [ for comparition]

Attached Files:

6. willoriker

willoriker Member

other picture is using ssh on web folder, funny thing , my first moving try was incomplete for a problem with ftp ( 1 folder of picture had more than 10000 images), and after transfer it (around 1Gb) site work with "empty" images. i dont know the probel of limitation of ftp after this transfer. te second try i fix this problem and transfer the complete site (around 4.5 Gb), i now its working fine, but ispconfig stil brief wrong size.

Attached Files:

• ssh.jpg
      ssh.jpg
      File size:
      149.5 KB
      Views:
  7. Taleman

And it has been more than 24 hours since the files were fully transferred?
    How did you verify all the files are owned by the website user?

8. willoriker

willoriker Member

your first quetions is yes 2 o 3 days, but your second question is interesant, because i transfer rest of files (4.1Gb-0.9Gb) manually (huge amount little files in 1 folder) with my credentials ( superuser) using ssh, i never thought consecuences of this process. how can i change owned of ths files? which is the user name of site? tx Taleman, i never think that owned´s files were filterer on calculate of quota

9. Taleman

@till told you that in #2:
    The command to change ownership of file is chown.
    From the image in #6 it seems owner is web13 and group owner is client2. You can verify this with these commands:
    Code:
    cd /var/www/clients/client2/web13
    ls -lhd web
    The files under web should be same owner and group as the web directory.

till likes this.
  10. willoriker

willoriker Member

tx a lot talesman ( sorry i park this problem for a couple of week ) you have right , i use chown -R web13:client2 folder when the folder transfer manually, and voila!! ISP Config report 5100mb!. perfect
    tx a lot again