Plugin dns_slave_auto doesn't run/register for event

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by agenturadler, Dec 6, 2022.

1. agenturadler

agenturadler New Member

We have an ISPConfig single-server installation running for several years now and want to move to a small multi-server installation:
    • Server 1 (Master): Control Panel with DNS1, Web, DB (both only for internal use) and Docker
    • Server 2 (Slave): "Single Server" with DNS2, Web, DB, Mail
    We don't want to use the mirror function for mirroring the DNS due to the fact, that everything is mirrored then.

We found the plugin dns_slave_auto which seems to do exactly what we want (get DNS1 and DNS2 in sync). But we can't get this plugin to work. It seems, that the plugin is never called after we added a DNS zone on the primary server (Server 1). The plugin should insert an entry in the table `dns_slave` but it never happens. There is also no entry in the datalog for this action.

ISPConfig Version: 3.2.9
    Installed with autoinstaller

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you log out and log in again? Plugin hooks are cached in your session.

agenturadler likes this.
  3. agenturadler

agenturadler New Member

:eek:

Thank you, Till, for that hint. Now it works. I don't know how many times I created and deleted a test entry, add some log messages to the plugin etc.
    Ok, lesson learned :rolleyes:

Is it possible to add such hints to the README? I haven't found any information about "enabling" plugins - just: copy this to the folder.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I've added a note to the readme.

agenturadler likes this.