Roundcube not send email

Discussion in 'General' started by nurullah, Dec 11, 2022.

1. nurullah

nurullah New Member

I did the ispconfig setup with the ready script on the site. I installed it on ubuntu 22. All right, I created a client, I added firewall rules. I have added a domain name. I set up mx records from Cloudflare. I opened a mailbox and logged into my account. I have no problems so far, but when I want to send an e-mail, it gives the error "Connection erro (failed to reach the server)" at the bottom right.
    Here are some of the dovecot logs.

imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=731099, secured, ses>
    imap([email protected])<731099><KboOL4/vMKl/AAAB>: Disconnected: Logged out in=44 out=656 deleted=0 expunged=0 tra>
    imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=731101, secured, ses>
    imap([email protected])<731101><DH4yL4/vMql/AAAB>: Disconnected: Logged out in=32 out=549 deleted=0 expunged=0 tra>
    imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=731103, secured, ses>
    imap([email protected])<731103><eX80L4/vNKl/AAAB>: Disconnected: Logged out in=44 out=656 deleted=0 expunged=0 tra>
    imap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 0 secs): user=<>, rip=127.0.0.1, lip>
    pop3-login: Disconnected: Connection closed (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured, se>
    pop3-login: Disconnected: Connection closed (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured, se>

Attached Files:

2. nurullah

nurullah New Member

I can send mail to the mail server I have set up, but I cannot send mail from there to any other place.

Attached Files:

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login to RoundCube and try to send an email to the same address you used for logging into RoundCube, does this email arrive after a few seconds in the RoundCube account?

4. nurullah

nurullah New Member

This message does not come when I enter roundcube. I have no problem logging in. I just write an e-mail and then when I say send the e-mail, it gives this error. I have the same problem when sending an e-mail to the e-mail account I'm logged into, that is, to my own e-mail address.

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My signature has link to E-mail setup tutorial. It has some info on how to troubleshoot e-mail issues.

Alex Mamatuik likes this.
  6. nurullah

nurullah New Member

I'll read and check it right away, and I'll report back here.

7. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Could you provide some log output of actually trying to send an E-Mail? Either trough a mailclient or roundcube itself?

And check if dovecot is working correctly. The offical documentation has a greate guide for this. https://wiki2.dovecot.org/TestInstallation
    Make sure that imap and imaps both are working correctly.

8. till

nurullah likes this.
  9. nurullah

nurullah New Member

Thank you very much everyone. I found the problem. The problem is that roundcube cannot login to smtp. I set 587 to 25 from the Roundcube config.inc.php file and it worked fine.
    But I couldn't find the reason why it would be better if it was 587.

10. Taleman

You do not say what setting you changed, only that you changed 587 to 25.
    If e-mail server host is localhost, it is not usefull to use the encrypted communications to port 587. In fact, I believe port 25 is default.

11. nurullah

nurullah New Member

sorry for my bad english, i changed the smtp port from 587 to 25. By default, this is 587.

12. nurullah

nurullah New Member

I can send mail now. Next is the question of how can I set up a roundcube for each domain :)

13. till

This is a central RoundCube installation, it works for any email domain you add in ISPConfig automatically, no need to set something up for that.

14. nurullah

nurullah New Member

so what is the url address? where can we see

15. till

You know the address, as you've been using RoundCube already.

https://server1.yourdomain.tld:8081/webmail/

where server1.yourdomain.tld is the hostname of your server.

16. nurullah

nurullah New Member

I know this, but after installing a new site, it still works at the hostname of the server, it doesn't look corporate at all. For example:
    They should be able to access their mail at company.com/webmail or mail.company.com. How can I do that? What are the keywords? Till thank you very much indeed you have prepared a great software. Also, thank you very much for your support. Where can I support ispconfig?

17. Taleman

This thread is about "Roundcube not send email". If you have a some other error, you should start a new thread, instead of assuming readers of this thread can guess you have switched to writing about something else.
    This works on my ISPConfig setups, and I have not done any special modifications to the roundcube or apache configuration files beyond what ISPConfig makes (the company.com part, for all websites that are on the ISPConfig host). For mail.company.com to work, you must have name service entry for that pointing to the host where roundcube is installed.
    If this does not work for you, create a new thread, describe the problem, show how you try to access webmail and what happens instead.
    Is your setup a single host or ISPCOnfig multiserver setup?

18. till

And that's exactly how it should work. You can use this central installation for all domains of your server, there is no separate installation needed for each domain.

That's not how it is intended to work. But of course, you can configure your system in any way you prefer and add as many additional RoundCube installations (which you then also have to maintain and update) on your system as you want. You can create e.g. a new website for mail.company.com for each domain and then install a copy of Roundcube into that. But as mentioned above, that's not what one would normally do as it means you might have to update dozens of RoundCube installations manually. Larger ISP typically use a central RoundCube installation as ISPConfig does. Or you can use proxies to link a subdirectory like /webmail into each web folder and proxy the traffic to the central RoundCube installation. That#s at least how it works on Nginx systems, for Apache systems, you can use an alias instead of a proxy.

19. nurullah

nurullah New Member

Taleman, I'm so sorry I didn't open a new thread. I will pay attention to this.

Thank you so much for your Till recipe.