Migration toolkit - single domain

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Stelios, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

I'm trying to find how I can transfer a single site from server A to server B with migration toolkit and not the whole server.
    Is that possible?
    Is there a manual anywhere as all I found was a tutorial for a whole server which doesn't include anywhere instructions about a multi server setup for example.

Thanks

2. Stelios

I figure how the single domain works via the --help in the script. However I transferred the site from server A to B but DNS entries did not update plus the site still exists in the old server. Do I need just to remove with rm -rf the web files or?

3. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is the site still in the website list on the old ISPConfig server? If so you can delete it from there. If there are only the files left you can delete them, but double check because there are symlinks in that directory.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's exactly how it should work. The old server is not altered by the migration tool, and you change the DNS records for the website after you tested it on the new server and verified that it is working properly. If you don't need the website on the old server anymore, you simply delete it using ISPConfig GUI on the old system. Please note that the Migration Tool can not be used to move websites within the same multiserver system, so old and new server must be either standalone systems or separate multiserver systems, old and new server can not be slave nodes of the same master.

5. Stelios

I see, in my case they are both slave

6. neilsuk

neilsuk New Member

Can I ask if there is a recommended way to move a website from one slave server to another slave in the same multi server setup please?

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can, yes.
    Migration Toolkit does not help in this use case. Neither does ISPConfig support such moving websites from host to host.
    You have to move database and website files manually, and create accounts on the target host.
    https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/single-web-site-migration-tool.77022/#post-363705