Oldish tutorial on seafile in ISPC.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by neumann, Feb 3, 2023.

1. neumann

neumann Member

I found this tutorial:
    Installing Seafile 6.3.2 inside ISPConfig 3.1 on https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/setup-seafile-inside-ispconfig/
    which I have used before with great succes (except when I started using it, my disk crashed because of overfilling the primary harddrive - but connection and functunality was good.) :)

Now I have ubuntu 22.04LTS, with ispc 3.2.9 and would like to try seafile 9.0.10 which is the latest version. But I followed the guide hoping it would still work. Unfortunately it does not. From then to now there is at least the change that python 2.7 no longer is the driving language for seafile, (which is good), now its written in 3.x but the tutorial is from when that was not the rule. That makes some interesting errors when trying to install python 2.7 dependencies, because they are probably named differently in 3.x.

I come to the point where I try to start ./seafile.sh (works fine) and ./seahub.sh, but here I get an error and can't seem to find out how to get further on from here.

Has anybody had better success than me.
    Also, if you had, how can you make the data disk be another than the system disk. For instance I have mounted a 6Tb disk and has moved /home to that. And I have plenty of room on that disk, for seafile data as well.

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

May just follow the official handbook and consider deploying it as docker containers? You can use ISPConfig as a reverse proxy for example.
    Or just read through the manual installation part, and see what has changed and go that way.