Database Consistency

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by stargazer, Feb 6, 2023.

1. stargazer

stargazer Member HowtoForge Supporter

I just ran into a problem with the migration toolkit that indicates an inconsistency in the database of my ISPConfig3 installation. I have a work around for that problem, but wondered if there is a database repair tool or set of instructions for checking/repairing inconsistencies. Failing that, is there a database diagram available?
    I am a database programmer, so I have no problem creating and/or running SQL.
    Rod

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

May you want to tell us what that problem is and how you indicate a inconsistency?

You can check with CHECKSUM TABLE, if you have a extact copy of that table and see if the checksums match.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no automated test or repair tool for database consistency.

The problem was that there seem to be records in the system like DNS records that are owned by a client that is not in the database anymore, so the migration tool had problems selecting and transferring them as it reported that it can not find the owner of these records.

pyte likes this.
  4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Well that makes sense. Thank you for the explanation

5. stargazer

stargazer Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ok. Thanks. I'll just muck around in the database and see what I can figure out.

Rod

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To get a better understanding:

Most records have a sys_userid and sys_groupid column. These refer to the sys_user and sys_group tables. Regarding clients, each client has its own users in sys_user and its own group in sys_group. sys_user table as well as sys_group table have a column client_id, which refers to the client_id column in client table,