Sender address rejected: not owned by user

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Christophe GUHRING, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Christophe GUHRING

Christophe GUHRING New Member

Hi
    In my setup of multiple single ISPConfig servers, I have one server which dont send me internal mails from websites.

So :
    mail.domain1.com handles all mail and mailboxes
    web21.domain1.com to web24.domain1.com handles different websites, and all mail from theses sites should transit by mail.domain1.com

web21, web22 and web23 are working fine because they are on the same hosting provider, there are no ports limitations.
    but mails from web24 are blocked because ISP of this server blocks port 25.
    So I have modified mail config to relay to mail.domain1.com with smtp on different port with authentication.

But now I have this error message :

Feb 20 20:31:28 web24 postfix/smtp[2425482]: 597E520000F: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mail.domain1.com[62.4.0.240]:587, delay=0.32, delays=0.01/0/0.26/0.04, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host mail.domain1.com[62.4.0.240] said: 553 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user [email protected] (in reply to RCPT TO command))

Here subdomain3.domain2.fr is hosted on web24
    [email protected] axist and is valid on mailserver
    I've added an alias from [email protected] to [email protected] but it dont work.

How can i make things work ?
    Can I change the expeditor of subdomains to be all "[email protected]" ?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. Christophe GUHRING

No, I dont have a multiserver setup because when I migrated from my old multiserver setup, I needed to migrate, change IP address, rename and activate each new server as quickly as possible, and in the first multiserver setup attempt, I've been stuck on problem with Ip address and name for the slaves.
    But this is not a problem, I think....

For my problem, the error message is the same, but the mails are sent from php, one site via wordpress, and the second site via phpmailer.
    The one with phpmailer uses sendmail internally and it's "from" is configured as "[email protected]" (which exists and is valid in mailserver), but postfix sees the mails as sent by "[email protected]2.fr"
    I have this problem since I have moved 2 sites to a faster server assembled by me and hosted on a private internet access (which blocks port 25)

and I dont know from where comes these addresses "webmaster@subdomain_x.domain_x.tld" as "subdomain_x.domain_x.tld" are configured as websites in ISPConfig.

4. Christophe GUHRING

I have finally corrected by setting on the source server :
    Code:
    relayhost = mail.domain1.com:2525
    without sal authentication

and on the mailserver, by adding this to master.cf :
    Code:
    2525      inet  n       -       y       -       -       smtpd
     -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
    As I understand, I only allow mail send from IP's listed in mynetworks on this port.