"Send Copy To" sends email marked ***SPAM***

Discussion in 'General' started by rbartz, Mar 3, 2023.

1. rbartz

rbartz Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am not sure I fully understand how email is forwarded to another account in ISPCONFIG3 My setup is perfect server, centos 7 with PHP 7.4, everything up to date.
    SCENARIO:
    1. I have user jack set up with his website and the email domain.com.
    2. The email domain is set to "Normal" spam filtering.
    3. I have an email account [email protected] with normal spam filtering. as well All works fine. Jack filters his spam out in Ourlook.
    4. I ALSO have a SEND COPY TO set up on jack's Email Mailbox to [email protected] which sends a copy of all incoming into that account.
    5. Copy during delivery is NOT checked.
    The PROBLEM is that jack has had his account for years and gets a hundred spam emails a day marked ***SPAM***. How do I STOP the email system from sending copies of those emails marked ***SPAM*** to jack's gmail account?
    If it would help, Jack actually would prefer that I DELETED all of the emails narked ***SPAM*** but I am not sure if that would solve the problem because of the email handling sequence.

Thanks in advance for your help...
    Richard

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In the spamfilter config, you can decide wether you want to ad ***SPAM*** to the subject, or add the X-Spam = yes header. After doing that, you can enable moving emails to junk for this mailbox under the mailbox settings for [email protected] > Mail filter.

3. rbartz

rbartz Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you Th0m. Will this keep the email from being copied to the gmail address?

4. Alex Mamatuik

Alex Mamatuik Member

Dear @Th0m Thom Pol, why do you all help to us here at the forum section?
    - It takes some efforts and we do almost bring nothing in reward...

5. Th0m

Yes, it should.

6. Th0m

I was once a newbie to this, helped in this forum by others. Now I am a ISPConfig core developer and I offer ISPConfig business support as my daily job. Aside of that I am a moderator of this forum and I try to work on the ISPConfig project as much as possible, mostly in my free time. Why? Partly I profit of it myself, but I also really like helping out others.

Alex Mamatuik likes this.