How to allow mcrypt in php instance of ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by TomTom80, Jul 10, 2007.

1. TomTom80

TomTom80 New Member

Hello folks,

I have installed phpmyadmin package trough ispconfig update ... it works well, but I want use phpmyadmin for more than one mySQL server ... I configurated it, but if I log in I see this error message

Cannot load mcrypt extension. Please check your PHP configuration.

I tried make changes in /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini but all my attempts wasn't sucess.

In main apache mcrypt works and when I try use extension from main php it doesn't work.

Have somebody any idea?

Thank you

Tom

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to recompile the ISPConfig PHP and add mycrypt support or you create a website for phpmyadmin on your main webserver and install it there.

3. kidalabama

kidalabama New Member

how can we recompile the ISPConfig PHP ?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The last ISPConfig release (2.2.26) comes with mcrypt support, so all you have to do is upgrade. :)

5. vanakatu

vanakatu New Member

Hello dear till
    I have last version of 3.2.8 and now upgraded to version ISPConfig Version: 3.2.9p1
    but when check mycrypt module via
    command: > php -m | grep mcrypt
    its not include in this version.
    Could you please recommend how to activate ? or need to install it ?
    via command:
    > apt install php-pear php-memcached php-imagick mcrypt imagemagick libruby memcached php-apcu jailkit php7.4 php7.4-common php7.4-gd php7.4-mysql php7.4-imap php7.4-cli php7.4-curl php7.4-intl php7.4-pspell php7.4-sqlite3 php7.4-tidy php7.4-xmlrpc php7.4-xsl php7.4-zip php7.4-mbstring php7.4-soap php7.4-opcache php7.4-cgi php7.4-fpm php8.0 php8.0-common php8.0-gd php8.0-mysql php8.0-imap php8.0-cli php8.0-curl php8.0-intl php8.0-pspell php8.0-sqlite3 php8.0-tidy php8.0-xsl php8.0-zip php8.0-mbstring php8.0-soap php8.0-opcache php8.0-cgi php8.0-fpm php8.1 php8.1-common php8.1-gd php8.1-mysql php8.1-imap php8.1-cli php8.1-curl php8.1-intl php8.1-pspell php8.1-sqlite3 php8.1-tidy php8.1-xsl php8.1-zip php8.1-mbstring php8.1-soap php8.1-opcache php8.1-cgi php8.1-fpm
    ?

6. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

mcrypt is deprecated and was moved to pecl.

If you need it for some reason then you can compile and install it via the pecl command (which I think is included in php-pear), but I wouldn't recommend it unless you need it for some old legacy PHP code that is not possible to upgrade but requires it.

Depending on the PHP package maintainer mcrypt might be also available as a deb package, but I'm more of a Red Hatter so may be someone else might be able to answer that question.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

On Debian and Ubuntu, you install it with apt for the PHP version you need it for. Example:

apt install php7.4-mcrypt

and please do not reopen such old threads. This thread is for ISPConfig 2, which is a completely different software than ISPConfig 3.2 that you are using, so nothing described in the thread above applies to your setup anyway.