Update ISPConfig from 3.2.7 to 3.2.10p1 Bind problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by reks2004, Jul 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reks2004

reks2004 New Member

Hello,
    I noticed that after the update process, the structure of file name for bind zones are changed.
    before we got pri.xxx.com and now we get xxx.com for that server cant find the zone files and dont sending answer to clients. When we go to ispconfig panel and put any update for that domain it's saved as xxx.com and start working from now.

Where we can change the structure of file name?

Edit: Damn i noticed that all zones list from named.conf.local was disappeared, i revert it from backup file. But my main question about the name structure still exists

EDIT2: After update any of the zones in ispconfig panel it again deleting all zones from named.conf.local

About bind package:
    Code:
    bind9-dev/oldstable-security 1:9.16.42-1~deb11u1 amd64
    bind9-dnsutils/oldstable-security,now 1:9.16.42-1~deb11u1 amd64 [installed]
    bind9-doc/oldstable-security 1:9.16.42-1~deb11u1 all
    bind9-host/oldstable-security,now 1:9.16.42-1~deb11u1 amd64 [installed]
    bind9-libs/oldstable-security,now 1:9.16.42-1~deb11u1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    bind9-utils/oldstable-security,now 1:9.16.42-1~deb11u1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    bind9/oldstable-security,now 1:9.16.42-1~deb11u1 amd64 [installed]
    bind9utils/oldstable-security 1:9.16.42-1~deb11u1 all

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
  2. reks2004

reks2004 New Member

Sloved:
    After reverting back bind configuration from backup and make ispconfig_update.sh --force without reconfiguring services it start to working normally

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is a temporary solution. You can resolve this by setting a default prefix (which should be the case already) in ISPConfig.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Can this be set in ISPConfig panel? My understanding is @reks2004 writes about pri added to zone file names in /etc/bind/ directory. That comes from /etc/bind/name.conf.local where each zone has a stanza which has file attribute.
    If @reks2004 still has the not working configuration, I would like to know what file atribute was then.

5. reks2004

reks2004 New Member

@Taleman yes i have it. It was changed to non prefix version. For example pri.xxx.com was changed to xxx.com. I checked it in ispconfig core files and it shloud be still "pri". Dunno what happend. I will check it in next update.
    Btw: i have multiserver config. I have servers for: panel, web, mail, ns1, ns2, webmail. It happen after ns1 update and only on ns1 server. When i revert bind catalog to version before update, and make
    Code:
    ispconfig_update.sh --force 
    (without reconfigure services) it start to working normaly. That what was strage is that when ispconfig_update was reconfiguring bind service it wiped all namce.conf.local file

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I have no issues with updating my multiserver systems, incl. BIND. All files are named correctly as before. Maybe you use some custom config file templates for BIND, and you did not adapt your custom config to be compatible with the new version?

I don't think that named.conf.local gets altered by the update. named.conf.options gets changed, but not the .local file with the zones.

ahrasis likes this.
  7. Jace Knight

Jace Knight New Member

All. My reseller accounts got wiped from included local named.conf there taking all my clients offline but 1
    Now when I try to update or edit I get
    Server id must be >then 0
    And it refuses to accept changes help!

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make a new thread and do not hijack threads on different topics. Your issue is not related to this original topic, which is naming conventions for BIND files and how to configure them. From the symptoms, I would say that someone edited data in the ISPConfig database directly and changed server_id field of the records to 0 instead of the ID of your name server, which then results in removing the actual BIND zone files as the old name server is not responsible for the zones anymore. Or maybe you disallowed your resellers to add or manage zones on specific systems using client limit settings. But we can try to sort that out in your new thread then.

Th0m likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.