Named.conf.local overwritten 3.1

Discussion in 'General' started by Jace Knight, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Jace Knight

Jace Knight New Member

hi, I am having trouble with bind the first reseller I created, created a dns1 zone
    They then created Dns2,3,4 zones
    Websites and emails accordingly
    Sometime overnight something happened
    DNS1 zone stayed in named.conf.local all all others were removed the zones filed themselves stayed in place and were not deleted
    Trying to edit using zone settings, returns the error server ID must be greater than zero, when trying to as admin or as reseller1 the result is the same error server ID must be greater than zero
    All my zones use pri prefixes
    Can anyone shed some light on this
    this is a standalone install Debian 11 using perfect installer
    Could anyone shed some light on this
    I can tell something is a miss because on the DNS zones screen all have the server unpopulated, except for the one that worked
    I just took another look at the DNS servers screen, ahha all but for the one that worked have no server listed, I think this is the culprit if so, how can I fix?
    Under edit zone the server shows for all zones but as an uneditable field

i’d put a screenshot, but there is way too much information to try to obscure

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, check on the limits tab of the reseller settings that this reseller has the DNS server selected there in the field "DNS Server", select the correct server and save if its not right. Then take a look into the dbispconfig database, table dns_soa and dns_rr. Each record there has a field server_id, which must match the server_id if the DNS server (see server table to get the right ID if you have multiple server). Correct the server_id values in dns_rr and dns_soa table for all affected records. Finally, go to Tools > Resync in ISPConfig and let it resync the records.

3. Jace Knight

Jace Knight New Member

Sorry for the delay I didnt notice your reply as it went to junk ..will check on web now
    Getting error “The server you are trying to remove is used as a dns server”
    Looking at the limits that was the issue dns server wasn’t set and limits were set to -1
    Do we have a workaround ? Btw your software is awesome, printed the manual and stuck it on bookshelf wanted to support your effort

4. till

Were you able to select the correct DNS server in client limits and save it?

5. Jace Knight

Jace Knight New Member

No it will not save
    The server you are trying to remove is used as a dns server“.

6. till

is this a multiserver system and is the DNS server still listed under system > server services?

7. Jace Knight

Jace Knight New Member

Standalone server and yes it’s listed

8. till

Open the dbispconfig database with e.g. phpmyadmin, open the client table, locate the record of this reseller, edit the record and enter the server_id of the DNS server (must be ID 1 in case of a standalone system, in the field dns_servers, save the record and check in ISPConfig if the server is listed there again in reseller limits.