Access to specific page from external website

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by LucasRaynaud, Sep 5, 2023.

1. LucasRaynaud

LucasRaynaud New Member

Hi,
    I'm working on an ERP for my company accessible by my clients which get informations on their domains, mail, dns ....
    I would be able to add link which open the ISPC modification page of a specific domain when they click on it or a button to open the creation page of an email account for example.
    I know that the ISPC page are called by AJAX request and i've already tried to copy those calls to rebuild the wanted page on my own but without success.
    It could great to have a feature, maybe using the API, to open a wanted page from external website for example.
    Maybe it's already possible and could you give me hints to make it works?
    Thank you
    Lucas

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

As far as I know, one uses ISPConfig API to create a web page to run its available commands but definitely not opening any of its page from external website. I don't think that is safe or allowed.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I would recommend you use the API and build your own form to submit data to the API. I don't think that loading of ISPConfig pages externally is a good idea security-wise.

ahrasis likes this.
  4. LucasRaynaud

LucasRaynaud New Member

Thank you for your help.
    It could be a solution to use the API to submit an own build form from my other website.
    What I mean when I said "from external website" is to open the specific page of my ispconfig panel on a new tab like a link.
    Sorry for my bad communication

5. till

I guess that#s quite unlikely to work unless we switch to a non ajax approach for the GUI and this would probably also impose all kind of potential data injections issues. So better use the API and take care to validate the data you submit properly.

ahrasis and LucasRaynaud like this.
  6. LucasRaynaud

LucasRaynaud New Member

If we ask to login before there is no security issues?
    Is that possible to add anchor on url to request ajax on page load ?

7. ahrasis

You mean link out of ISPConfig? From which ISPConfig page? This was done before on quite older ISPConfig, on PMA and/or web file manager attempt, I think, but I never read recent discussion about it. For this you might want to understand ISPConfig templates that is used to output such page. It however will not be update proof so not advisable.

8. LucasRaynaud

LucasRaynaud New Member

9. ahrasis

If you don't know or have deep knowledge, my advice is, you better do not attempt anything which will make you regret later. Requests made in this forum, some are mainly neither encouraged nor advisable, and I consider yours above as one of them.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
  10. till

I recommend you to use the API instead. I don't think that handing out complete formats via an API is a good idea security-wise and it won't work well like this besides having security concerns, so it is really unlikely that we will implement something like that in ISPConfig, especially as ISPConfig has a API to allow users to run their own control panel UI or simplified website instead of having their customers use ISPConfig.