Enabling Phpmyadmin on apps vhost only

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Rimas, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Rimas

Rimas New Member

Is it possible/difficult to configure Phpmyadmin to only be accessible via the apps vhost, if I don't want it to be show up on each and every vhost that I create?

I know I can achieve this by deleting phpmyadmin.conf from conf-enabled and referencing the file in conf-available from apps.vhost file manually, but such changes would be overwritten the next time I decide to adjust apps settings. I'd like a more reliable solution.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You do not have to change apps vhost, just delete phpmyadmin.conf from conf-enabled and restart Apache. ISPConfig is not managing or overwriting phpmyadmin.conf.

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You are right on the first and @till already confirmed that. The enabling or disabling that conf won't be affected by ISPConfig update for sure.

However, if you want to make changes to apps vhost, copy its default file from ISPConfig conf folder to conf-custom folder (and may be conf-custom/install folder too), to keep that changes in any ISPConfig update.

While using customized ISPConfig conf, do also make sure to check and update such files to the latest fixes, if there are any, from time to time.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  4. Rimas

Rimas New Member

Sorry, I only meant that any changes to apps settings would overwrite my changes to apps vhost file. I didn't mean that ISPConfig would reintroduce phpmyadmin.conf in conf-enabled afterwards.

Thanks @ahrasis! I'll see if I can make sense of what you said later! :)

ahrasis likes this.
  5. Rimas

Rimas New Member

@ahrasis @till, okay, so what I meant in my initial post here was that:
    1. I want phpMyAdmin to only be accessible on apps vhost
    2. So, I'm aware that I can delete the conf-enabled/phpmyadmin.conf symlink (this makes phpmyadmin not available by default) and reference conf-available/phpmyadmin.conf directly from sites-available/apps.vhost.
    3. But I'm suspecting that the sites-available/apps.vhost may be overwritten/regenerated when changing relevant settings in ISPConfig, and such overwrite would cause my manually added reference to conf-available/phpmyadmin.conf in that file to be lost. So I was wondering how to avoid that.
    I hope I made my question clearer now. Point 3 is what you seem to have missed.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
  6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I don't think I missed it. ;D

Rimas likes this.
  7. Rimas

Rimas New Member

Darn, you're right, thank you! :)
    For the reference, the folders in question (conf and conf-custom) reside in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/.

ahrasis likes this.