Macbook Air M1 ARM64 RHEL 9.2 Run KDE Desktop

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by JButler787, Sep 14, 2023.

1. JButler787

JButler787 New Member

I have a Macbook Air with the M1 CPU. I have successfully installed and am running Linux Redhat 9.2 with VMWare fusion. Currently it is in the default configuration with the Gnome interface. I wanted to see if I could get the KDE interface to load. So far it just keeps erroring on the database update and won't load. What ARM database update services should I be using? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

2. concept21

concept21 Active Member

3. Doak

Doak New Member

I have a similar situation. I got the following error: Unable to start startkde.service: The startkde.service module could not be loaded: No such file or directory exists. I tried it here http://www.emedia.am/az/ I don't know how to fix this error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You should use arm version of your preferred linux OS for any of arm devices, otherwise it will never gonna work right.

5. Doak

Doak New Member

Thank you for your advice! I have already started the process of installing the ARM version of Linux on my new device. I am sure that it will provide me with the best Linux experience.

6. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Ubuntu provides ARM64 and IBM Power architects. What could be better? :D