mail queue problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tijme vervoort, Dec 20, 2023.

1. tijme vervoort

tijme vervoort New Member

i could not copy the code from linux that is wht the pictures are there
    upload_2023-12-20_10-2-46.png
    upload_2023-12-20_10-3-29.png
    upload_2023-12-20_10-4-31.png
    upload_2023-12-20_10-5-5.png
    upload_2023-12-20_10-5-45.png upload_2023-12-20_10-6-37.png
    upload_2023-12-20_10-7-8.png
    for some reason i could copy the txt file

my prolem is that i dont know why my mail is getting stuck in the mailqueue of ispconfig

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have written tutorial on e-mail setup with ISPConfig. It has troubleshooting instructions. Link to tutorial in my signature.
    You should check port 25 is open on that host, both ingoing and outgoing. Read the comments for that tutorial for info.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You switched spamfilter from rspamd to amavis under System > server config > email, this can not work as your system uses the more modern spamfilter "rspamd". Switch spamfilter back to rspamd in ISPConfig.

4. tijme vervoort

i have done that and to be sure i have rebooted te sytem because they were still showing up i will post a update if it is fixed

5. till

Old mails may stay there. The change will take effect for new mails only. You can try this command though to see if requeing the old mails will solve it:

Code:
    postsuper -r ALL

6. tijme vervoort

so they dont get stuck anymore in the mail queue but they still dont get to my gmail

7. tijme vervoort

upload_2023-12-20_10-35-38.png this mi my mail.log

8. tijme vervoort

upload_2023-12-20_10-39-4.png
    and i get the error conncetion refused

9. tijme vervoort

i know that the error is for amavisd but dont know how to fix this issue

10. till

The problem is you partially reconfigured the system to use amavisd but its a rspamd installation and that's why mails got stuck. When you write a new email, do you still get the same error message when sending? It might be that the errors are from the old emails only and postfix remembers that these shall be handed over to amavis, which does not exist.

Also try to send en email to yourself (send to the same email address that your email client is logged in), does it arrive in your inbox? If yes, then the mail system itself is fine. Gmail can reject emails for many reasons incl. bad IP reputation, blacklists etc.

11. tijme vervoort

when i write new emails to my gmail i get the same error message so that is the 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.2]10026 conncetion refused
    the mails that i sent to myself with either outlook or webmail i can see those being deliverd because that is intern the biggest issue is that i cant receive mail from extern email adressen this is what i get when i try to sent a mail to the ispconfig mail adress from my own email
    with outlook
    upload_2023-12-20_11-12-43.png

12. till

Switch the spamfilter to amavis in ISPConfig under System > server config > mail, press save, change it back to rspamd and press save. To enforce a reconfiguration of the mail system. Do not restart the system while it gets reconfigured. You can also try to run:

ispconfig_update.sh --force

as root user and choose to reconfigure services during update if switching force and back the spam filter did not help.

The spamfilter is in the mail path for incoming and outgoing emails, so you can neither send nor receive until this issue is solved.

13. tijme vervoort

i have done what u said even the update and reconfigure but it doesn't work the mail.log says that it is a relay host problem
    upload_2023-12-20_11-32-44.png
    this can be an issue

14. till

Ok, but that's a different issue now. So the reconfiguration worked and fixed the issue and the spam filter is okay again. Have you set up a relay host to be used by the system and what have you set up there?

15. tijme vervoort

no i have not what should i do there in order it to work should i put the same domain name for the relay host aas for the recipent or not

16. till

Normally you should not set a relay host, but postfix says that there is one configured that does not work. The relayhost fields under System > server config > mail are all empty?

You have not answered my question yet about which guide you used to install the system. And did you really start from a clean and empty system?

17. tijme vervoort

the relay host was empty not anymore ip put ther inventionsoft.eu that is the domain name of the website but i used this guide
    Perfect Server Automated ISPConfig 3 Installation on Debian 10 to Debian 12, Ubuntu 20.04 and Ubuntu 22.04 and i started from a clean and empty system i did

18. till

Empty all relayhost fields and save the configuration.

19. tijme vervoort

what should i do with the email ones should i also get rid of those

20. till

Not sure what you mean. There are 2 fields starting with relayhost, they are empty by default and they should be empty on any normal mail server that is directly connected to the internet. Empty these 3 fields and press save to fix your relayhost issue.