mail queue problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tijme vervoort, Dec 20, 2023.

1. tijme vervoort

tijme vervoort New Member

i can sent email again but cannot receive yet i dont know why i get that serverfout 550 from the extern email

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the mail.log file to see which error you are getting there when you send an email to your server.

3. tijme vervoort

th mail log shows that there i a problem with the authentication of the mail how should i fix that

4. till

Please post the error message.

5. tijme vervoort

upload_2023-12-20_12-21-19.png
    webmail shows the same issue but it is more readable

this is from ispconfig mail.log

Dec 20 11:07:29 ispconfig postfix/smtp[15701]: CD21CC2D23: to=<[email protected]>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[142.250.27.26]:25, delay=0.37, delays=0.09/0.01/0.09/0.18, dsn=5.7.26, status=bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[142.250.27.26] said: 550-5.7.26 This mail has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated. 550-5.7.26 Gmail requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM. 550-5.7.26 550-5.7.26 Authentication results: 550-5.7.26 DKIM = did not pass 550-5.7.26 SPF [inventionsoft.eu] with ip: [192.145.57.188] = did not pass 550-5.7.26 550-5.7.26 For instructions on setting up authentication, go to 550 5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication a26-20020a170906369a00b00a1da52812a4si11375615ejc.603 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))

6. till

You must add a DNS SPF TXT-record on the DNS server that contains the DNS records of your domains (this is not necessarily your ISPConfig server). Then you must enable dkim mail signing for the email domain in ISPConfig and add a dkim record to DNS as well.

So the above error is not an issue of your mail system, large email providers that you have set up DNS records to validate that you are a legit sender for this email domain. See also: https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-email-account/

7. tijme vervoort

we have added them to the dns of the domains but i still get the same error if i send to gmail and if i sent an email from [email protected] to [email protected] i get the 550 sorry no mailbox here by that name so should i get rid of them in ispconfig or not

8. tijme vervoort

this is what happens if i do the command netstat -tap | grep 100 this can also be an issue i think
    upload_2023-12-20_13-16-29.png

9. till

The mailbox that you sent to does not exist.

10. till

Not sure what you try to check with netstat here.

11. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have written a Tutorial on e-mail setup on ISPConfig, link in my signature. Useful reading to get e-mails working.

12. tijme vervoort

well i can sent to gmail now but cant recievie yet eventhoug the ports for recvieing are open upload_2023-12-21_10-17-39.png

13. till

Login to webmail or another email client connected to that server, then send an email to the same address (from and to address are the same), does the email arrives in the inbox? If yes, your mail server is working properly and likely port 25 incoming is blocked by your ISP or internet provider.

14. tijme vervoort

it does arrive
    upload_2023-12-21_10-25-37.png

15. tijme vervoort

@till how do i check if a port is blocked for ispconfig i looked but cant find anything

16. till

17. tijme vervoort

18. till

This is not an issue with ISPConfig, as you tested already that ISPConfig works fine, see your post #34. Contact the ISP or data center that provides the internet connection for this server and ask them if they block port 25 from the internet to your server. If you e.g. run this system at home or in your office, then its likely that port 25 is blocked, also some cloud providers block port 25 today.

And you might also want to check if there is any external firewall or router in front of the server where port 25 is blocked.

Th0m likes this.