sending to former internal domain (now external) incorrect

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Omnia, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Omnia

Omnia New Member

Hello, everyone,

I will try to explain myself as best and succinctly as possible:
    I have an ISPConfig server (version 3.2.11p1) with 11 Domains inside it, one of them needs to be migrated (let's call it "foo") to an Exchange server but the old boxes stay on ISPConfig.
    After some testing the migration works correctly and on the Exchange Server everything works correctly both sending and receiving.
    From the ISP server anyone who tries to send an email to the "foo" domain returns the following error:
    upload_2024-2-7_15-20-41.png
    We renamed the domain "foo" in the ISP server as "oldfoo". We have followed all the guides but we can't find why it doesn't send the email externally.
    From the Microsoft Server, on the other hand, they arrive correctly and even doing reply gives the usual error.
    We restarted the postfix and devcot services, but the result was the same.

Has anyone run into this problem and can help us?

Thank you very much

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Maybe postfix on that ISPConfig host still considers itself as mail server for that FOO domain (Why is it secret what that domain is?)
    If you on your host query name service, what does it answer for that domain and its MX record?

3. Omnia

Omnia New Member

Yes, that's the problem. We tried restarting it but it doesn't see the new host and thinks it still owns the domain.
    In fact, it returns "Host not found."
    We also changed and disabled the redirects it had in it with no effect.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then the domain must still be in the ISPConfig database as mail domain or in /etc/postfix/main.cf or /etc/mailname file.

5. Omnia

Omnia New Member

In these two files there are no references to foo, I have attached both files, there are only references to the main mail server

Attached Files:

6. till

Then the domain must be still in ISPConfig database e.g. as mail domain or relay domain.

7. Omnia

Omnia New Member

Thank you very much, could you point me to where to look and what files to check?

8. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to check the dbispconfig database, in the mail_* tables.

9. Omnia

Omnia New Member

Could you indicate how to check these tables?

10. till

You can do that e.g. with phpmyadmin.

Th0m likes this.
  11. Omnia

Omnia New Member

ok, could you point us to the commands to type in at the command line?

12. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

phpMyAdmin is a web application. You can usually open it at https://server1.example.com:8081/phpmyadmin - you need to replace the hostname with your own hostname of course.

You log in to phpMyAdmin with the user 'root', and it's password. I can't tell you what the password is (imagine if I could...).
    After logging in you can open the database 'dbispconfig' and check the relevant tables.

13. till

If you don't know the MySQL root password, you can find it in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

14. Omnia

Omnia New Member

We will carry out tests, at the moment thank you very much you have been very kind.
    I will keep you updated whether positive or negative outcome.