ISPConfig on ARM or other architecture

Discussion in 'General' started by thisiszeev, Oct 31, 2023.

1. thisiszeev

thisiszeev Member

Hi All

I am working on a walk through for install ISPConfig on an architecture other than x86.

I am finding supporting versions of all the dependencies. But before I go any further, is ISPConfig itself all in PHP? I looked through the code on the Git and I don't seem to find anything that would require being a binary... so I assume I am good to go?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, ISPConfig should work on any architecture that PHP can run on.

ahrasis and thisiszeev like this.
  3. thisiszeev

thisiszeev Member

Thank you

4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

i've installed ispconfig on arm devices (aws graviton instances) before.
    some packages don't exist, or have slightly different names, so it needed to be a manual install to deal with that, don't know if the auto-installer works with arm now..
    other than dealing with that during the install process, everything works fine afterwards.

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Nope. Not without many interventions as you did. Unless such interventions are added to the ISPConfig auto installer, it will not work out box on arm servers.

6. Tristars

Tristars New Member

Hello,
    Can you explain how you manually installed ISPConfig on a ARM device ?
    I would like to install it on my rapsberry pi5 :)
    Thanks a lot !

7. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

8. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

exactly as @pyte stated..
    just follow the perfect server tutorial.. some packages may not exist at all, or have a slightly different name.. if you just follow the tutorial, when an install command says it can't find a particular package, just search the repo cache for a key part of that package name... eg 'mbstring' and see if it doesn't exist at all, or has a slightly different package name, then either leave it out of the install completely if there are no alternatives, or use the different package name instead.
    although the installs i did were for ubuntu on arm processors... if you use a different OS you may run into more differences than i did.

9. till

thisiszeev and ahrasis like this.
  10. fazelukario

fazelukario New Member

11. till

The guide you posted a screenshot from is not for the arm architecture. It uses elements that do not work on ARM, and therefore, it mentions that you can not use it on the ARM architecture. Please use the auto-installer guide I posted in post #9 of this thread instead.

thisiszeev likes this.
  12. fazelukario

fazelukario New Member

this is the guide from #9, it just says in one place that arm is not compatible, but in the next section it says arm is compatible :)

thisiszeev and till like this.
  13. till

You are right, sorry, missed that. I've updated the guide now.

thisiszeev and Th0m like this.