Clients > Send Email

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Gerry F, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Gerry F

Gerry F New Member

Now that I've got all my clients moved over to the new server farm, I thought I would send the clients and update.

I went to Clients > Send Email and composed a nice email with some placeholders for their name and web server info. I did include some web links they can refer to for more info. Both links were for domains I'm hosting. I wonder if that was the problem?

When I clicked Send Email an error message about "csrf attempt blocked" and I lost the email and nothing sent.

I am using ISPConfig 3.2.11p2. Is this feature working?

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I don't know if the feature is working as i did not test this. But CSRF checking is a security messurement from ISPConfig and can be disabled. However please try the same again and see if this issue persists.

3. Gerry F

Gerry F New Member

I attempted another email to all clients last night. This time I did not include any https:// links in the email content.
    When I clicked "Send Email" the little animated box popped up and stayed that way for a very long time. So long that I left and went to watch TV. When I came back it said it emailed everyone and displayed the email addresses it would have used, but nobody got a message, so I guess that feature "needs work" ;-)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

But email sending from the ISPConfig panel in general is working? Have you checked the mail.log to see if there were any errors from that email sending attempt?

5. Gerry F

Gerry F New Member

If you create a new email account, the welcome message goes to the email.
    I don't see any other emails generated by ISPConfig though.
    I did check the mail.log (in a SSH Session) looking for errors or anything related to the email to clients/resellers (I just have clients) but I could see nothing. I looked through all the logs.. and mail.log on all 3 servers. Nothing.