WebMail on some domains

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by adamluz, Jun 1, 2006.

1. adamluz

adamluz New Member

My webmail only works on one ip. Doesn't matter the hostname, it will work, but if you try to load webmail on any other ip (or host name that points to any other ip on the server) it will only load a blank white page. All ip addresses are configured in ISPConfig. I don't want to use the webmail on port 81 I want to use regular alias /webmail/ and load SquirrelMail. Which by the way, do you guy plan on releasing ispconfig with SquirrelMail on port 81 ever?

Thanks in advance
    Adam

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What configuration directives do you use exactly in apache for the alias?

Not for the moment. But maybe someone else builds an squirrelmail .pkg like the one that was build for roundcube. Building .pkg files is not that complicated :)

3. adamluz

adamluz New Member

I have this in my apache config

Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

to me, that should load on all ip address but it only loads on the one... there was more with permission and stuff but I removed it a few days ago attempting to fix it.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you have any error messages, also in Apache's error log?

5. adamluz

adamluz New Member

Apache error log shows

[Mon Jun 05 10:30:40 2006] [error] [client 66.214.254.XXX PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/squirrelmail/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/www/web43/) in Unknown on line 0
    [Mon Jun 05 10:30:40 2006] [error] [client 66.214.254.XXX PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0
    [Mon Jun 05 10:30:40 2006] [error] [client 66.214.254.XXX PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed opening '/usr/share/squirrelmail/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0
    [Mon Jun 05 10:30:45 2006] [error] [client 66.214.254.XXX PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/squirrelmail/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/www/web43/) in Unknown on line 0
    [Mon Jun 05 10:30:45 2006] [error] [client 66.214.254.XXX PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0
    [Mon Jun 05 10:30:45 2006] [error] [client 66.214.254.XXX PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed opening '/usr/share/squirrelmail/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

One other question that I see with almost every domain on my system is:
    [Mon Jun 05 08:57:57 2006] [error] [client 68.142.250.XXX File does not exist: /home/www/web43/web/robots.txt

robots.txt? Should the system create this? Should I?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must disable PHP Safe Mode if you want to access /usr/share/squirrelmail.

7. diomet

diomet New Member

I have the same problem, and PHP Safe Mode is set to OFF, and still not working...

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check that safemode is off in ISPConfig and your php.ini file. You can check this by creating a webpage that contains the phpinfo() command.

9. djtremors

djtremors ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

To get around that problem, you could do what I did and implement this instead.

Create a VirtualHost specifically for webmail.*
    The put squirrel mail on your server and link that virtual host to it and setup your PHP permissions and openbase_dir etc.etc.etc.

When you create a new domain, you have to always add into your DNS the webmail address or you could automate it by modifying the dns code on ISPconfig.

worked for me.