version 20.04 is not supported anymore for ubuntu

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Muhammad Shaid, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Muhammad Shaid

Muhammad Shaid New Member

I am trying to install ISPconfig multiserver. I already configured 4 server on ubuntu 20.04. There was no issue 3 days ago. But yesterday, when I tried to configure the 5th server. It shows " --> version 20.04 is not supported anymore for ubuntu."

Does ISPconfig team deprecated to use ubuntu 20.04? Please let us know.
    or
    If it is a bug, then kindly fix the issue.

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The message you are posting is not from ISPConfig itself; it's from the auto-installer. And as we currently prepare for releasing Ubuntu 24.04 support next week, we have removed Ubuntu 20.04 support from the auto-installer already. This is about the auto-installer only, so about installing new systems, and not about ISPConfig. Ubuntu 20.04 support from ISPConfig will not get removed. Installing new systems on a 4-year-old OS does not make much sense anyway; you better install your servers using Ubuntu 22.04 or wait a few days and install it then with Ubuntu 24.04 right from the beginning.

3. Muhammad Shaid

Thanks for your Reply.

But My all other servers are on 20.04 version. Is there any problem, if I run the whole system on 2 different version of Ubuntu OS?

4. till

That's no problem in general. You just have to ensure all servers use the same ISPConfig version. And you can most likely not use mirroring of services between different OS versoins, but that's not related to ISPConfig but to the service itself.

Muhammad Shaid likes this.
  5. Muhammad Shaid

Thanks

6. stanfield

stanfield New Member

Has the fasttab error been fixed with the manual install

7. till

Which error do you refer to? I'm not aware of any fstab error that needs fixing.

Please create your own thread next time, as this thread here is neither about fstab nor about manual installation mode.