Function IP Block

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Uno, Jun 14, 2024.

1. MaxT

MaxT Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

ok, I understand. I have seen the demo of cloudpanel.io. I believe that field has the concrete purpose to block some wished ips.
    Sorry I thought the interest was in blocking crawlers in a general way, which is a bigger activity. So I wrote all that.

Maybe that feature you writes could be implemented quickly by rewriting the tcp_wrappers files, /etc/hosts.deny. Using patterns or also lists (See 17.2.1.2. Patterns https://access.redhat.com/documenta.../4/html/reference_guide/s1-tcpwrappers-access)

Just a view. For the purpose to include one ip's list not very big, something like that could be useful. Without necessity to manipulate the iptables. Also the tcp_wrappers is a very strong layer of security, stronger than iptables.

It could be a good feature for the GUI, I agree.

2. Uno

Uno Member

If you look in the demo under the form to enter Ip's there is also one to enter bots.
    But in fact we don't give a damn how they did it, that was just an example to make my point, we don't have to (indeed our dear Ispconfig developers don't have to) copy others.
    Unfortunately, my English is quite basic and I can't always make myself understood.
    Of course this thread of mine was also not a claim, it was just an idea to improve the panel and I think it is good also that your contribution in giving hints on how to do it. Thank you for the exchange of ideas.

Then if the developers implement it we will be happy, if they feel it is not in their plans patience.