exclude local domain from relaying on per domain relay

Discussion in 'General' started by doekia, Jun 18, 2024.

1. doekia

doekia Member

I have per domain relay (relay_host, relay_user, relay_pass on mail domain page)
    This work perfectly for any outbound domain.
    Unfortunately for security reason my relay service does not allow to relay to the domain that is also the initiator.
    I've tried to exclude local domain (either tampering with de mysql-virtual_transports.cf to return ':' for local mail domain or implementing hash table to not available.

I presume I'm not addressing the issue at the right place, can someone lead me to the proper setting to achieve that - exclude all local destination domain to use the relay.

Thanks in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You posted here in the ISPConfig 2 forum. I doubt you are using ISPConfig 2 as this software was discontinued about 15 years ago in favor of ISPConfig 3, plus ISPConfig 2 has no mail relay options. I guess you are more likely using ISPConfig 3.

3. doekia

doekia Member

Yes sorry, my bad I'll replicate this on the ISPConfig3 forum.

ahrasis and till like this.
  4. lukafred

lukafred New Member

Hello,
    I am using DA on several mail server's. Now the problem is if you monitored exim, then if any local user on exim server use to send a mail to any other local users on the same server then he doesn't require authentication to send that mail, since both the domain's i.e sender and reciver is there in /etc/virtual/domains file. Now i want these local users also need to be authenticated first and then only be able to send a mail.

Can any one please let me know how should i turn off this open relay to local users without authentication.?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer