Migrate just E-Mails from Cpanel to ISPConfig

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by decentris, Jul 24, 2024.

1. decentris

decentris Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi team!

I think this is a very easy process but I don't know where to start:

I just want to transfer all the emails of serveral email-accounts on Cpanel to the respective email-accounts, which I've already set up in ISPConfig, as I just want to transfer email-hosting from this customer from his old hoster to my server.

So I do not need the whole ISPConfig Migration Toolkit, as I just want to migrate the emails of each email-account of this special customer from Cpanel to ISPConfig.

I just need a hint or a small howto.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Best wishes,
    Hannes

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

decentris likes this.
  3. decentris

Great!!

Thank you for the tip. I will try it out and post my results!

Thank you very much! :)

4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If both servers use Dovecot and MailDir structure you can just move over the files in the vmail home themself.

5. decentris

Thx a lot for your hints but I finally used a cool imap online sync tool. I share it here in case someone might need it: https://imapsync.lamiral.info/X/

Anyway, thx a very lot for your help and support! :)

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Be careful with online tools. You are giving an online service access to all your emails, personal data and passwords.

7. decentris

Yes, of course, I know. That's why I instantly changed the passwords of the mailboxes afterwards.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The passwords are just one small part; the personal data or possible corporate secrets (in the emails) are at least as critical as that. So I can only recommend not using an online service for that, especially as there are imapsync tools available that you can run locally.

decentris likes this.