ispconfig cert issue after migration

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by JOP, Aug 25, 2024.

1. JOP

JOP Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm struggling with the ispconfig certificate after migration. After renaming destiantion server and "successfully" certificate renewal with "ispconfig_update.sh --force" (reconfigure services and choose to create a new SSL cert), an outdated LE certificate (year 2020) - not the current LE one used at the source server - is used. Where is the new certificate created before stored and how can I activate it?

Besides; used certbot at both, old and new server and secured old ispconfig certificate as suggested in:
    Securing ISPConfig 3.1 With a Free Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate (howtoforge.com)

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you followed instructions from that "Securing ..." howto, I believe that is what broke the certificates. ISPConfig 3.2 creates and sets up certificates properly without any configuration.

3. JOP

I secured an old CentOS 7.x as told in this guide with ISPConfig prior v3.2 installed, all good.

After Migration, renaming and IP change I got problems to renew certificate for ISPConfig.
    Now I found some old links and names and cleaned up and now it seems to work as it should. Only Roundcube needs to create a website in ISPConfig with the FQDN of the new host. Do I habe now two certs with the FQDN, one for ISPConfing and one for Roundcobe (website I have to create for Roundcube)?

How can I check/test LE works as it schould for ISPConfig for Websites and ISPConfig?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes. You can compare the certificates, what date they are issued and for what FQDN to see if they are the same.
    Internet Search for SSL checker and for SSL checker e-mail server (two tests).
    In browser and e-mail client check what sertificate it shows for server.

JOP likes this.
  5. JOP

looks fine, thank you.