Accessing Domain Name via Server's IP Address or Temporary URL of the domain

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Waqas Saeed, Aug 30, 2024.

1. Waqas Saeed

Waqas Saeed Member

I want to know if I can temporarily access a domain name via the server's IP address
    for example ip/~username or so

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ahrasis and Waqas Saeed like this.
  3. Waqas Saeed

Waqas Saeed Member

When is the best time to run 'apt get upgrade'? The safest way to update a server based on ISPCONFIG3 should ensure version compatibility with the upgrade.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can run it at any time, e.g., daily, as updates installed via apt-get upgrade are always compatible with ISPConfig. Debian and Ubuntu take care not to add any breaking changes in such updates.

ahrasis likes this.
  5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My signature has link to unattended upgrades tutorial, which helps set up server so Debian and Ubuntu updates are installed automatically.
    Plus, I think this is wrong forum for your question and you should have created a new thread since question is not related to topic of this thread.
    You have been member of this forum for two months, and have written 88 messages. A lot of questions there. I hope you are making a serious effort reading documentation and trying to learn how to use the tools you have before asking on forum?

ahrasis likes this.
  6. Waqas Saeed

Waqas Saeed Member

Most tools are user-friendly, but most questions are about the latest version of ispconfig 3.
    Agree!