Plans for Billing Module?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Qroac, Sep 14, 2024 at 11:51 AM.

1. Qroac

Qroac New Member

For some years now I use the ISPConfig Billing Module to create hosting and consulting invoices for my customers.
    Soon, in germany we have to fulfil new requirements concerning "ERechnung" (also known by X-Faktura, Zugferd, ...) for B2B invoices.
    Because I just got the upgrade notification for another year of Billing Module Updates:
    Are there any plans, are you working on an update implementing the requirements for future B2B invoices in germany?
    So far I haven't found any information on that topic.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is basically just a new custom invoice template, but unfortunately, the rules and format are quite complex. However, some open-source library projects have already implemented the XML format in PHP. I'll also use the tool for my invoices, so I will have to make a new template for ERechnung.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. Qroac

Qroac New Member

That is exactly why I am reaching out before prolonging Billing module to check if there is any update planned for an "official" template supporting ERechnung.
    Do you plan to publish a how-to for creating a template for ERechnung or maybe include it as template in an upcoming Billing module update?
    BTW: Are there any updates planned in next months?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The template will be included in the Billing Module. I'll release a Billing Module update when I finished it.

The Billing Module does everything it is supposed to do, so there is not much to update except the ERechnung. However, I am considering adding some functions for time-based invoicing, like billing customer support or development time, which would be handy. This would mean adding lists for hourly rates, a way to easily enter start and end times, maybe even with some kind of start/stop time button, and an optional project list and selector.