Sudenly website redirects to default vhost

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by variable99, Sep 22, 2024.

1. variable99

variable99 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Out of the blue website domain.tld begin to redirect to first available domain on the server (default). I have no clue why.
    1. No errors in error.log
    2. No .err in sites-available
    3. Apache run without problem
    4. SSL is valid according to SSL checkers etc.
    5. PHP-FPM running
    6. Tried disabling and enabling SSL, turn off/on error docs, changing PHP - no results
    7. DNS records is the same as it was before
    8. SQL server is up and running
    9. If I enter domain.tld/blabla it just redirects to default/blabla

I'am totally lost because there is nothing more to check... When I get to website in incognito mode, it display white page instead of redirect. While inspecting source code, I saw number 1. That's it.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The symlink in sites-enabled folder to the vhost file in sites-available folder is there as well? Have you checked DNS at e.g. intodns.com as well, to ensure that all secondary servers have the same data?

3. variable99

There is symlink in place.
    Actually quad checked. Dig'ed all DNS records.

4. till

Does the server has multiple sites and do the other sites still work?

5. variable99

Yes, other websites work as it should be. Seems incident isolated to single website. Now in error log I see:
    Code:
    "GET / HTTP/2.0" 404 20 "-" 
    Nothing more. So, I assume this is website problem...

6. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

When you disable SSL and PHP for the webspace and open it with http:// does it work? Is there a .htaccess that might be causing issues or some apache directives configured for the webspace?

7. variable99

Problem stays the same. Website running Wordpress. So I tried to disable all plugins, themes. No luck. Sample phpinfo() file - works.

8. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Well that indicates that there is an issue with the wordpress installation. Can you check the .htaccess file that wordpress uses? Is the configuration in there correct?

9. till

Also check in WordPress database that the domain is correct there, if there is a wrong domain, then WordPress will redirect the traffic. You might also check the site for malware, e.g. with ISPProtect, the first scan is free.