Changing PHP version by user

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Marcio Urakawa, Oct 3, 2024 at 1:43 PM.

1. Marcio Urakawa

Marcio Urakawa Member HowtoForge Supporter

The websites I manage at the company are always created by the Ispconfig admin.
    With this, I realize that only us admin can change the PHP version.

I still need to maintain this way of only admin creating the site initially, but I want to be able to make the user able to change the version.

Does anyone know where in the database table I can change this?
    So that the user can change the PHP version.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See System > Interface > Main config > Sites > Client protection checkbox to disable that websites that the admin creates for a client without using login as function are protected from changes.

3. Marcio Urakawa

Marcio Urakawa Member HowtoForge Supporter

I did this and it still doesn't enter the action queue when the user switches versions.
    But even if it worked, I would only need to configure it so that some specific users can change the PHP version.
    I work at a university. The sites we create are limited and we are not afraid to leave them free to users. Only for some users who have technical knowledge I want to leave this freedom to change the PHP version to facilitate development.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My understanding is the client protection checkbox removes the protection from websites created after the checkbox is turned off.
    Maybe those users with technical knowledge could create the website themselves using their client login?

Marcio Urakawa likes this.
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, in this case you'll indeed have to leave the client protection on and manually deactivate it in the database for a single site. Take a look into the web_domain table, find the record for the website you want to change, there you set sys_perm_group to the value 'riud'.

Marcio Urakawa likes this.