Issue with letsencrypt Unable to read logfile on master (master/slave configuration)

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by PatrickFoubert, Oct 13, 2024 at 3:44 PM.

1. PatrickFoubert

PatrickFoubert New Member

Hello,

On master (3.2.12) letsencrypt is not working, when i try to generate SSL the website back without.
    In server monitoring logs i got the error "Unable to read logfile"
    The /var/log/ispconfig has not acme.log file
    I can check and solve it ?

Additional info: i'm on a haproxy failover, is it possible to use letsencrypt with cname option on ispconfig ?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 3:49 PM
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

PatrickFoubert likes this.
  3. PatrickFoubert

PatrickFoubert New Member

Thanks Till,

Probably due to HAproxy, my ispconfig in "private" side

Cronjob log:

Sun Oct 13 13:51:08 UTC 2024 [Sun Oct 13 13:51:08 UTC 2024] staging.xxxxx.com: Invalid status. Verification error details: During secondary validation: Remote PerformValidation RPC failed
    Sun Oct 13 13:51:08 UTC 2024 [Sun Oct 13 13:51:08 UTC 2024] Please add '--debug' or '--log' to see more information.
    Sun Oct 13 13:51:08 UTC 2024 [Sun Oct 13 13:51:08 UTC 2024] See: acmesh-official/acme.sh/wiki/How-to-debug-acme.sh

is it possible to launch script manually or to have a cname option ?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please follow the debug procedure explained in the Let's encrypt error FAQ and post the output you get from the server.sh.

No, ISPConfig supports only http auth. You must configure your proxy to forward all requests for the domain to the ISPconfig website.

5. remkoh

remkoh Active Member

Most likely your HAProxy is in the way.
    Is HTTP traffic redirected to HTTPS (in HAProxy or your server)?
    Is your HAProxy then configured to passhrough HTTPS traffic o your server or does it operate as SSL endpoint and re-establishes a new HTTPS connection to your server?
    If HAProxy is an SSL endpoint then that could cause LE auth issues.

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

As @till said unless you mean cname record vs A record, which both could work if you are not behind a blocking proxy.