error in config.inc.php

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by etts, Nov 9, 2006.

1. etts

etts New Member

hello all

I have just installed ISPconfig on sus10.1. The installation went fine, the problem i am having is that when i start the the ISP service i am getting this error:
    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 47
    No results found!FreshClam is already running!
    ISPConfig system is now up and running!

this is what the file looks like:

//////////////// DO NOT EDIT BELOW !!! //////////////////
    $go_info["isp"]["server_root"] = "/root/ispconfig";
    $go_info["isp"]["include_root"] = $go_info["isp"]["server_root"] . $go_info["server"]["dir_trenner"] ."scripts".$go_info["server"]["dir_trenner"]."lib";
    $go_info["isp"]["classes_root"] = $go_info["isp"]["include_root"] . $go_info["server"]["dir_trenner"] ."classes";
    $go_info["isp"]["server_id"] = 1;

/**************************************
    * Server Einstellungen
    * V1.0 ISPConfig SERVER Modules

$link = @mysql_connect($go_info["server"]["db_host"], $go_info["server"]["db_user"], $go_info["server"]["db_password"])
    or die("Could not connect to MySQL server!");
    mysql_select_db($go_info["server"]["db_name"]);
    $server_params = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM isp_server WHERE doc_id = '".$go_info["isp"]["server_id"]."'");
    if(!$go_info["isp"]["server_conf"] = mysql_fetch_array($server_params)){
    die("No results found!");
    } else {
    foreach($go_info["isp"]["server_conf"] as $key => $value) {
    $value = trim($value);
    while(strlen($value) > 1 && substr($value,-1) == "/") $value = substr($value,0,strlen($value)-1);
    $go_info["isp"]["server_conf"][$key] = $value;
    }
    $key = NULL;
    $value = NULL;
    }

the red highlight is line 47

im a newbie to all this, so your help will be much appriated
    thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you create the mysql database for ISPConfig manually before you installed ISPConfig or do you use a mysql user for the ISPConfig setup that did not has the same priveliges like the mysql root user?

3. etts

etts New Member

i created the database before the installation, and i created it in root if that makes any sense.

4. LionRock

LionRock New Member

Mybe you are accessing ISPC databse with different database user ? I think the problem is in permissions.

5. etts

etts New Member

the user and password are the same as in mysql

6. LionRock

LionRock New Member

Do you have more IP's on server mybe or something ?

7. etts

etts New Member

no there is only the one ip on the server. i think what im going to do it do a fresh install, and see if it changes anything. thanks LionRock for your help. :)

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This doesn't work. You must not create the ISPConfig database manually, you must have it created by the ISPConfig installer!