PHP - Java Compile

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ToysunStory, Oct 29, 2006.

1. ToysunStory

ToysunStory New Member

Hi all,

I am using Centos 4.4 with perfect set-up. Due to an API I have to use, I need to compile PHP5 with Java support. I've downloaded Java 1.4.2 SDK and install it with rpm -Uvh. java -version shows the write version. Then;

./configure --with-apxs=/var/new/httpd/bin/apxs --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-config-file-path=/var/new/php --enable-ftp --prefix=/var/new/php --with-openssl=/var/new/openssl --with-mysql=/usr --with-pgsql=/usr --with-java=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_12 --disable-libxml --disable-dom --disable-xml --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --disable-simplexml --without-pear

make

make install

Everything's going well but nothing related to Java. I cannot found php_java.jar or java.so files. Other than java new compiled PHP works well.

I can't install PHP-Java-Bridge either. Gave me error when I try to compile it too.

Any suggestion?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you restart Apache afterwards?

You can run
    Code:
    updatedb
    afterwards you can search for the files like this:
    Code:
    locate php_java.jar
    Isn't there a PHP-Java package from CentOS? You can run
    Code:
    yum search php
    to search for all available PHP packages.

3. ToysunStory

ToysunStory New Member

Yes, but nothing related to apache. I can't add java section in php.ini because of compiling php doesn't produce php_java.jar file.

there is no php-java package in centos repos.

4. falko

I think it should produce an .so file, maybe php_java.so or something like that. Try
    Code:
    locate java.so

5. ToysunStory

ToysunStory New Member

Problem solved :) At last I discovered PHP5 doesn't produce any java.so and php_java.jar files. With PHP4 I solve the problem. Within a few days I'm going to write here step by step.

6. falko

That would be great so others can see the solution, too. :)

7. jsvarma

jsvarma New Member

PHP_JAVA.jar file not found

Hi ToysunStory / Falko,
    I have installed RHEL ES 4.0 U3., PHP 4.2.X, JDK 1.3.

We are able to run the ./configure command & compile PHP with JAVA option.
    We are also able to complete the make command
    When we run the make install command, we get a error 127 php_java.jar message.
    We tried to locate the file php_java.jar in the system using the locate php_java.jar command, but the same file is not found. We are able to get the phplib_java.so files and all other required files. Only Php_java.jar file is missing.

Can you pls let me know what i am doing wrong. My sequence of instllation is:
    1. Install JDK
    2. Run the ./configure command with -Java option
    3. make
    4. make install (we get error here & subsequently cannot find the php_java.jar file).

Regards
    JSVARMA

8. falko

Please run
    Code:
    updatedb
    and then try the locate again.

9. jsvarma

jsvarma New Member

Hi Falko,
    Thnx. Although this did not work i have achieved it by installing J2SDK 1.4.X and now i have all the files as required and i have given the required paths

The new issue is that we are not able to execute any of the PHP scripts. When i try to open a PHP file <testjava.php> , it fails to recognize the file and asks if i would like to open it with some other applications.

Any suggestions why this is happening.

Regards
    JSVARMA

10. falko

In the "Perfect Setup", there's a step where PHP gets disabled. Please undo that step and restart Apache.