Desktop resolution on VMware

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by baxy77bax, Nov 26, 2006.

1. baxy77bax

baxy77bax New Member

Hi,
    I got this little problem. I have instaled corell linux 1.2 (debian) on my virtual machine and is working "quite fine" but my problem is that i can only see the upper right corner of the desktop and I don't know how to fix it to see the whole screan. in fact I don't know if this is a problem with linux or VMware.
    it looks like this: attachment

thanks

bax

Attached Files:

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Have you installed VMWare Tools?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Corel Linux is quite old (this distribution doesn't exist anymore...), so I think that's the reason.

4. baxy77bax

baxy77bax New Member

Thanks

thanx,

the problem was that I have totally forgot to install VM tools. it works ok now . but i can see that it is quite old too. i'm looking for something free, new and fast, so i'm open for suggestions. :cool:

bax

5. sjau

well, what do you need it for?

6. baxy77bax

baxy77bax New Member

I'm trying to run a "Interpro scan" (kind of a protein search program) which runs only on Linux. also I should be able to create easy and stable connection with other computers to run parallel jobs on them. so it should be something stable, fast, free and easy to create network with.

bax

7. sjau

Does it need to have a desktop?

And what do you mean with "fast"?

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you need a desktop I'd recommend Ubuntu or Xubuntu. Xubuntu should need fewer resources than Ubuntu.

9. baxy77bax

baxy77bax New Member

it doesn't need to have desktop, but I prefer it. by fast i meant that it does not require a lot of computer resources.

Xubunt looks ok, I'll try it.

thanx

bax

10. sjau

If there is no desktop required just go for Debian Sarge...