Database is inconsistendt / broken ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by maYer, Dec 15, 2006.

1. maYer

maYer New Member

After updating to the current stable version ( or even before ),
    some customers have user to in there User-list, which belong to other accounts.

After checking the database i could not really see, what happen. First of all i need to state some questions :

isp_nodes :
    where does user_id belong to ? isp_web / isp_kunde ?
    somehow all numbers are messed up here

where is parent pointing to ?

Problems

Some users are not able to add any new users, they always get a "user already exists" ( me too).
    I have this problem since iam using ISPconfig, so its nothing about the new version.

Some users suddenly have other users in their userlist, whcih belong to other accounts. They cannot administrate that users, even me as useradmin is not able. Concerning to the docid, i cant find that tree in isp_nodes

Thank you for any help

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

userid points to the table sys_user

parent is pointing to tree_id in the smae table.

Have you emptied all recycle bin's? There is a recycle bin for the admin and every reseller.

the doc_id is nit connected to tree id.

doc_id in isp_isp_ user is connected to doc_id in isp_nodes, doctype_id in isp_isp_user is connected to doctype_id in isp_nodes. Its the same with isp_isp_web. isp_isp_user and isp_isp_web are connected trough the table isp_dep, where the child_* ID's are connected to isp_isp_user and the parent_* ID's are connected to isp_isp_web.

3. maYer

maYer New Member

Hello!

No it has absolutely nothing to do with the recycle bin..it`s empty..

So where could the problem then come from?. its not important which name i type in for the username, every name is in "use". The "maximum user" limit is set to 50, 13 are in use, no no reasons here.

What could be the problem in the part, that the user is shown at the wrong place ?

thank you a lot

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please make sure the users you try to create don't already exist in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users. This file contains all users that existed on the system when you instaled ISPConfig to make sure that you don't create a second user with an existing username.

5. maYer

maYer New Member

It`s quite impossible, that user with that name have been existed before.

When i installed ISPconfig, it was a fresh system, without any special users or anything like this.
    And having a look into this file, there are no such users.
    I mean, i tried weared names there to be sure there cannot be a user called like that..it did not help..

I hope someone can help me with that to problems..

thank you

6. till

Please have a look at the usernames in isp_isp_user, is there anything unusual in one of the records, e.g a empty username.

7. maYer

maYer New Member

isp_user looks absolutely normal.

No empty usernames, no wildcards, no dublicate ids, every user has doctype 1014..
    The only( if thats stange) thing is, that one user has no NULL values under spam_blacklist / spam_whitelist, its just empty.

Iam really a bit helpless, thank you for all your afford

8. till

Then I guess there must be some incorrect entry in isp_dep or isp_nodes, but thats not easy to debug.

9. maYer

maYer New Member

Hello till,

could you explain the isp_dep field a bit, so i can check there logic or just give me the information, where to find such documentation.

Thank you a lot

m.

10. till

PLease serach the forum for "isp_dep", you will find several posts where I explain how the tables isp_isp_web and isp_isp_user as well as isp_isp_web and isp_isp_domain where linked through the isp_dep table.