SquirrelMail issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Maxum, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Maxum

Maxum New Member

I have set up a mail server using the http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier how to. It worked great. Then I install SquirrelMail, I am able to log in, send and receive but cannot seem to figure out how to assign administrative privileges to a user so they have access to the plug-in. I found a how to if I was using ISPconfig but I am not using it.

Can some please explain how to assign administrative privileges to a user in SquirrelMail?

Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You cannot use ISPConfig with this setup because ISPConfig doesn't support virtual users.

3. Maxum

Maxum New Member

I am not using ISPConfig.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I know. I wrote it in case you considered installing ISPConfig.

Unfortunately I don't know how to set up Squirrelmail the way you like it. :(

5. bluegrass

bluegrass New Member

Hi, I am not really sure what you really want in your configuration.

Do you want an administrator privilege to a user who can access the configuration file of your SquirrelMail remotely? If this is what you want, you can add the Administrator Plug-In, it is defined on the INSTALL readme file at the /--your squirrelmail directory--/plugins/administrator on how to configure this plugin. If you alone have physical and/or ssh access to your server then you can use the second option which is to create an "admins" file, wherein you put the full email address of the user/person you want to give administrator privilege.

Hope this can help you in any way.:)