Hosting Provider with ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by reinier, Dec 15, 2006.

1. reinier

reinier New Member

I succesfully installed ISPConfig on my server here in Uganda. Uganda is one of the last countries in the world that does not have a link to the Internet by fiber, all traffic uses a satelite.
    Therefor, my server is much faster reachable inside the country than the rest of the internet is. (and vice-versa).

Some of my customers who are targetting the local market here will want to host their site here. Others might want to reach a more international audience and rather host in the UK or States. (or in a mixed configuration with the website in the UK and their mailboxes in Uganda)

As my customers will manage their own settings using ISPConfig, I am looking for a provider in the UK or States that resells webspace based on ISPConfig, so that my customers will only be confronted with 1 user interface.

But nowhere can I find a list of ISPs that are using ISPConfig. Nor is any ISP advertising with it agresively enough to convince google.

Anyone?

2. planet_fox

planet_fox Member HowtoForge Supporter

yes,ISPConfig is good work from falco and timme and yes I have don't see lots of
    ISP Companys who use ISP Config. Most software there use big companys is Comercial software (plesk,confix) I don't why use the companys this. I have see lots of other bigger or smaler ISP software and ISP-config I have found for half years. I have not see a site with the list of Providers who use ISP Config. you can say to falco and make a linklist. ok Hope you undertsand mi great school english :)

3. cryptic

cryptic Member

Neoverve (neoverve.com) offers a $299/month virtual dedicated server with ISPConfig installed on it. PM me if interested.

4. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

wow.. $299 p/month!
    Thats a lot I think!

5. planet_fox

planet_fox Member HowtoForge Supporter

is this the service or the server ?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If there is some interest in a list of providers offering ISPConfig servers, we can make a list on ISPConfig.org.

But it only makess sense if some providers contact me by mail or PM, I dont want to start with a empty list ;)

7. cryptic

cryptic Member

It's a fully managed server run by people who know what they're doing. The bandwidth it also included in that cost.

8. edge

ok... I still think it's a lot..
    After one year you have paid 12 x 299 = $3588
    You will need to pay this every year!

Here in the Netherlands you can put a server (1U) in a datacenter for 15 euro per month (1 Mbit data transfer on a 100 Mbit pipe line and 8 IP's).

That is about $20 per month. So 12 x 20 = $240
    The setup cost (only one time) is $130
    For around $1000 US you can get a nice server, so total will be arround $1370. The next year you only have to pay the $240 (as the server is yours)

The people from the datacenter can (if needed) manage the server for you.

9. reinier

reinier New Member

Good Ideas

Off course I registered for the directory-to-be immediatly, i hope others will do the same.

For now I am looking for a reseller account for a few gigs on an already installed server somewhere in a country where the helpdesk speaks english and the support pages are in that language as well (so my staff can communicate with you)

Off course growing is a real option, there is a lot of potential here, people are really getting online.

Anyone?

10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Hetzner has also some nice offers: http://www.hetzner.de/rootserver_en.html :)

11. vincen

vincen New Member

We offer here hosting based on linux box (linked to biggest exchange point in france (Proxad/Iliad) with unlimited traffic (100M bandwith). We use only ISPConfig for management of customers and we offer either hosting accounts (10Go disk space, management of domains, unlimited emails for 10€/month). We also offer dedicated servers with 160Go hard drive in RAID for around 60€/month.

Vincèn

12. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you have a link for your offers?

13. edge

At the moment I've got plenty of customers (over 3 servers running ISPconfig), so no link from me, but I will be adding two more servers next year (again all running ISPconfig)

When done I'll email you the needed info.

14. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I received the link as PM and will add it to the provider list.

15. vincen

vincen New Member

Yep http://www.hostinpeace.com but we are rebuilding the website so don't worth the read ;) If you need any infos more detailed, just pm me and I'll answer you quickly :)

Thanks

Vince

16. reinier

reinier New Member

By far

the coolest URL i have seen so far. My compliments.

17. vincen

vincen New Member

Thanks for your appreciation of our name :D

Vince

18. smartcall

smartcall New Member

Billing solution

Could you tell what billing solution you use for them? I am about to put a server with ISPConfig into production, but I'm not sure how to automatically bill, stop a site, or a reseller if no payment is received and marked as payed.

So I would appreciate some ideas from people, who already have production servers with lots of customers.

Thanks

19. vincen

vincen New Member

Well here we continue to use our own system of invoice and billing, we don't use the one included with ISPConfig ;)

Vince

20. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

My Hosting Service

The server has only been in production for a short while and I had to rush the web site to get it online in time. But this is what I offer:

Unlimited web space
    Unlimited email mailboxes and storage
    Unlimited traffic

and all the benefits of using ISPConfig.

This is all on a suse 10 box.

The web site sign up is a bit of a farse at the moment but most of my current hosting customers and new customers are exist customers so no need for the online ordering to be state of the art.

My Cost per year id £21.99

and my address is: www.touchonehosting.com
    and my main company web site is www.touchone.co.uk (still needs some work, again did it in a bit of a rush but gets updated almost every week)

Thanks