Java - server side confirmation dialog

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by nbc, Dec 21, 2006.

1. nbc

nbc New Member

I need a bit of help. I've also asked this question in the netbeans forum but any help would be appreciated. I'm using netbeans to build a server-side java application. When the user clicks a 'delete' button, I want to pop up a confirmation dialog - just a small window with an OK and Cancel button. I don't know anything about javascript yet (but I suspect I'm about to learn).

Can someone tell me what the best (or even a good :) ) way to do this would be? I tried creating a layout panel and marking it non-rendered until the delete button was clicked. That works - the layout panel pops up on the screen - but I can't make it modal - if I sleep in the delete button action routine, the program hangs. Tried running another thread to pop up the window but that didn't help - might have implemented it incorrectly...

I could use some pointers here. And if you can tell me how to do it in the context of Netbeans and their new VWP package, that would be even better!

thanks in advance,

nbc

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

3. nbc

nbc New Member

Thanks!

That is certainly part of what I need - now I just have to figure out how to get that code working within my netbeans environment. I can see how it would transfer to a new page or not depending on the button you click - but I need to get back into my java program with some idea of which button was selected - I have to figure out which button was clicked, store that someplace, and return to my original button action routine...

nbc